Secret mission

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Secret mission

Post by pjc747 »

Two projects are hopefully:

F-104 Starfighter and F-4 Phantom

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

pjc747 wrote:Two projects are hopefully:

F-104 Starfighter and F-4 Phantom
Judging based on the information that Scott and Lewis have over the last months I’d say that is highly unlikely.

Edit: fixed typo
Last edited by Piper_EEWL on 08 Apr 2018, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Well, Scott let slip a little on Wednesday. Flightaware tracked the Aerostar from south of Dallas to Austin. Don't know if that's the final destination, but I know of more than a few interesting airplanes in South Texas that he could be visiting. :)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

B-25 in San Marcos!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

CAPFlyer wrote:Well, Scott let slip a little on Wednesday. Flightaware tracked the Aerostar from south of Dallas to Austin. Don't know if that's the final destination, but I know of more than a few interesting airplanes in South Texas that he could be visiting. :)
Haha, Maybe he is doing another 172, the N80991 of MrAviation101? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

CAPFlyer wrote:Well, Scott let slip a little on Wednesday. Flightaware tracked the Aerostar from south of Dallas to Austin. Don't know if that's the final destination, but I know of more than a few interesting airplanes in South Texas that he could be visiting. :)
Darn...next time he will be going nap-of-the-earth, with transponders and lights out. :mrgreen:

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote:Darn...next time he will be going nap-of-the-earth, with transponders and lights out. :mrgreen:
Barry Seal style :mrgreen:
Last edited by Piper_EEWL on 23 Mar 2018, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

That's what I started to post the other day and then deleted it. Outside of the fact that TX is the warbird capital of the country, doing a little research in the last couple days uncovered some cool potential aircraft in the area - both residents and some that are passing through that airport in a group...on a tour...and will be there for three days...

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Secret mission

Post by Jacques »

San Marcos is a very intriguing destination...CAF Central Texas Wing is based there. In addition to the B-25 mentioned above, there is a newly arrived and restored C-47 (may actually still be absent..) and a newly restored C-45. There are others as well, some privately owned by CAF members, stashed in various places in their very interesting hanger! A P-39 comes to mind.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

The Collings Foundation’s F-4 Phantom is in Texas

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm pretty sure the F4 is still down for winter maintenance but the Wings of Freedom tour is at Austin right now.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Austin is also home to Redbird. So that portion of the flight might not have been an airplane visit, unfortunately.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Or, two birds with one stone...so to speak...last time I was at San Marcos they had a Redbird facility very close to the CAF Hanger... :D

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Alan_A wrote:Austin is also home to Redbird. So that portion of the flight might not have been an airplane visit, unfortunately.
If Scott was visiting San Macros, I suspect he would have flown directly into San Marcos and not Austin Bergstrom. I suspect AUS was either a stop to check in with the CF guys or a technical stop on the way to where he is.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

N122PC landed 2 hours ago at KRYY, Cobb County Airport.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”