X52 Slider for Brakes - Disables Other Brake Buttons

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

X52 Slider for Brakes - Disables Other Brake Buttons

Post by CaptKornDog »

I'm trying to wrap my head around brake behavior for all of my A2A aircraft (Comanche, C172, etc.).

I have a Saitek X52 Pro, with registered version of FSUIPC of P3D v4, that I'd like to map the thumb slider on the throttle to act as normal brakes (the higher the slider, the harder the brakes are applied).

I'm also trying to map left and right different brakes to 2 other buttons on the throttle, for tight turning left and right. These two buttons (buttons 24 and 26) work fine applying differential brakes UNTIL I do anything with the thumb slider. The moment I touch the thumb slider to apply both left and right brakes, differential brakes are ignored for the remainder of my sim session - only the thumb slider works in that case. Which causes me to not have differential braking ability until I switch aircraft.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I might be able to have a joystick slider for normal brakes AND two separate buttons to apply differential brakes on the X52 in conjunction with A2A aircraft?

Thanks.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: X52 Slider for Brakes - Disables Other Brake Buttons

Post by Tug002 »

I have the same Saitek X52 Pro and as far as I know when you assign the same function to a different button it cancels out the previous assignment. When I have some time I will see if I can figure out a way to have two different buttons or the slider working on the same assignment. Hopefully someone else will have already have a solution to this problem.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello CaptCornDog,
I fly with the X52 Pro as well and without rudder pedals. There is another option for the differential braking that might interest you. I use the thumb slider as my main brake and then assign differential's to my twist stick rudder axis. It works very well in lue of no pedals and the applied braking force can be edited to your liking for the plane you're flying.

Have a look here and see it's something that will be better than buttons.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 76#p438076

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Tug002 wrote:I have the same Saitek X52 Pro and as far as I know when you assign the same function to a different button it cancels out the previous assignment. When I have some time I will see if I can figure out a way to have two different buttons or the slider working on the same assignment. Hopefully someone else will have already have a solution to this problem.

Keep smiling
That doesn’t make sense on my system then. This only affects A2A aircraft. I’m able to use left brake/right brake with the index finger hat switch buttons 24/26 and have normal brakes mapped to the X52 slider. Works just fine for PMDG, TFDi, default aircraft, Aerosoft, Flysimware, and others.

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Polite bump

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Still have not figured out the problem but you are right, you can have it on two buttons as I have tried it on the trigger switch for both brakes and have left and right brakes on the throttle switch.

Keep smiling

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Tug002 wrote:you can have it on two buttons as I have tried it on the trigger switch for both brakes and have left and right brakes on the throttle switch.

How about with the X52 throttle slider? Once I map brakes to the throttle slider, the index finger switch and trigger switch no longer recognize as brakes (again, ONLY in A2A aircraft).

Trigger switch and throttle index finger switch alone work fine. It's simply adding the throttle slider to the equation that this behavior is present.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I have not tried the slider yet as I use it for the prop pitch. I still have not had the time to try it out yet but as soon as I can I will try the slider. Looks like it may be an A2A thing. I am not by any means a computer wiz but will try to help if I can.

Keep smiling

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Any chance any devs have thoughts? Thanks.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello,

the brakes in our planes are programmed so that you can use either brake buttons or brake axis, but not both at the same time.
You can try to use rudder left/rudder right commands for those buttons instead of diff brakes shortcuts, this in conjunction with brake axis should give you differential braking.
Michael Krawczyk

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

some1 - A2A wrote:Hello,

the brakes in our planes are programmed so that you can use either brake buttons or brake axis, but not both at the same time.
You can try to use rudder left/rudder right commands for those buttons instead of diff brakes shortcuts, this in conjunction with brake axis should give you differential braking.
Is there a way to switch back to brake buttons then once you start using brake axis without reloading the plane/sim?

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

As far as I know you can just delete the assignment for the axis slider then re-assign the brakes to the buttons you would like them on.

Keep smiling

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

some1 - A2A wrote:Hello,

Trying this, I only get differential brakes but no rudder. And vice versa, I could have rudder but then no differential brakes if I'm remapping them in P3D.

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Still trying to work on this a couple of months later. Has anyone successfully been able to use the X52 slider for simultaneous, gentle toe braking....and also be able to use differential braking for turning?

Thanks.

Calvin12345
Airman Basic

Post by Calvin12345 »

hey there have the same one https://athletesphysiques.com/anavar-review-results/ but when you asign assign the same function to a different button it cancels it
Last edited by Calvin12345 on 01 Oct 2018, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”