V35

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: V35

Post by awash2002 »

When I go to get my V35B Bonanza I'm hand flying it all the way back to Calhoun GA KCZL

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

pilottj wrote:But I suppose if A2A wants sales from Avsim crowd, they better put in a CAT III certified w AUTOLAND AP...j/k :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :)

My personal preferences are the same as yours. If for nothing else, then for study level realism, I would like to have a simple autopilot done right than a complex autopilot that is watered down to usual FSX/P3D simulation level.

-Esa

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

While I don't necessarily want a hands off autopilot I will say that I really do like the one modeled in the civilian P-51. It has enough quirks and stuff to make it fun to use, but it is not automated enough to be truly hands off. I have gotten pretty good at using the STEC-30 in the Comanche as well over the 200+ hours I have flown her. I used to be upset about the STEC not having a vertical climb/decend type mode, but now that I actually trim the plane like I am supposed to it isn't that big of a deal. I just trim for the climb I want and fly it up to altitude. There is something to be said for actually spending the time to get to know and fly the airplanes properly, and then the need for a super complex autopilot actually becomes less necessary I feel.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

I can tell you it won't be another STEC 30 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH_SbTsOBxo
Michael Krawczyk

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

some1 - A2A wrote:I can tell you it won't be another STEC 30 8)
One more clue? :D

-Esa

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

some1 - A2A wrote:I can tell you it won't be another STEC 30 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH_SbTsOBxo
Oh thanks God!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

zazaboeing wrote:Oh thanks God!
What's wrong with my FS favorite so far? :)

-Esa

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Roadburner426 wrote:...There is something to be said for actually spending the time to get to know and fly the airplanes properly, and then the need for a super complex autopilot actually becomes less necessary I feel.
Very true ! :wink:
On the comanche, adding the GTN 750 NAV is much more useful than a complex autopilot.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Here is a video everyone might like of The PreBuy Guys over on YouTube. They interviewed a 1949 Beechcraft V-Tail owner during Sun-N-Fun.

I always like seeing and hearing from real world owners so here you all go:
https://youtu.be/nPL2OsYcL-8
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Truckermatt85
Airman

Post by Truckermatt85 »

What specific Bonanza is being modeled, V35B?

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

My dad's V-tail Bonanza was an airplane he always wanted to own, sadly he had only owned it a few years when it was wrecked in a storm (Florida). As is usually the case some irresponsible person causes someone else grief. A adjacent parked aircraft not properly tied down landed on top of my Dad's totaling it. Light aircraft should be tied down with twisted nylon rope (braided nylon does not have as much stretch) of the appropriate strength as it will stretch up to 50% of it's length before parting taking up the shock. Does no good to tie down your aircraft (chains) and find the tie down ring or strut ripped from the aircraft. Twisted nylon rope is also the recommended line for anchor, mooring and dock lines for small craft. But what do I know. :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”