Pushback / Tow Function

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Pushback / Tow Function

Post by crippy »

Hi all, I have been lately trying to find a way to simply pull my Cherokee out of my hangar (yes literally) in the sim *without slewing*. I say without slewing, because if I dare touch the slew button with my controls connected, it beams me from the U.S. over to Europe. Also it is generally unrealistic.

I'm not necessary looking to replicate the tow bar function present in the C182+ but trying to think if there is a way to create a script or function in the "base" P3D. For example instead of SHIFT P, make a new function similar to the global SHIFT P but some alteration of it to pull the plane forward instead of push it back.

A long time ago I found a open source 'tug' function that could push or pull, but I've lost the links for that and I'm not sure if it actually worked.

Does anyone have any information, tips, or suggestions on this? Coding languages are not a barrier.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Pushback / Tow Function

Post by Nick - A2A »

Do you have a registered copy of FSUIPC crippy? If so, you might find the information in this thread helpful.

Cheers,
Nick

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Hi Nick!
I do not currently have FSUIPC. I am willing to get FSUIPC for this feature, but I am curious if I might be able to create something myself at first. Do you have any ideas? I have been looking at some very old open source tug applications. All it really has to do is just move the plane forward, something like reverse heading of pushback, so I'm still digging in my free time.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Do you have a registered copy of FSUIPC crippy? If so, you might find the information in this thread helpful.

Cheers,
Nick
You can also do this in Spad.neXt by assigning an L:VAR to a button. It only works with A2A aircraft and not all aircraft though.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I had a similar slew problem. It first became apparent after installation of my new Thrustmaster rudder pedals. I went into the P3D options, controls, axis, rudder pedals, and found and deleted everything except for correct operation of rudder pedals and brakes. No more slew problem.

Seeya
ATB

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

I found some 'open source' code for a cool tug gauge over at FSDeveloper.com

It can push forward and backward, it has a heading set and speed set, so you can turn the plane too. It also works with all aircraft as well.

While the files are 'open source' they are still not mine to distribute, however if you would like the link to the download page PM me and I can give you a link as well as some much needed install / usage instructions.

I plan to design an updated gauge sometime in the future to tailor my needs, as the mentioned tug gauge is very outdated.
However with scenery and building design, aircraft repaints I'll never get to, and actually wanting to spend time flying who knows when I'll get to it :lol:

If you have free time, enjoy it!! It's worth more than gold! :lol: :lol:
Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”