Price of B-17 plus Accusim pack

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
rastus
Airman Basic

Price of B-17 plus Accusim pack

Post by rastus »

I love your aircraft. I have your 172. But there is no way I can justify buying the B-17 then having to pay extra for the Accusim pack. This makes an addon for around $100.00 AUD. No way will I pay this. C'mon guys. This is a joke. I want the B-17 but no way at all will I pay that price.
rgds Glenn.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Price of B-17 plus Accusim pack

Post by Tomas Linnet »

it is worth it. wait until there's a discount, this only happens once or twice every year.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Well, don't buy it then

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

rastus wrote:. This makes an addon for around $100.00 AUD.
:? That doesn't sound right, Glenn.

B-17... $32.99 USD
Accusim bundled with it, with the $5 discount ... $25.00 USD
Total US Dollars $57.99

Exchange rate today: $1.00USD = 1.33 AUD

Price in Oz - 57.99 x 1.33 = $77.13 AUD

Is there some sort of enormous sales tax down there ?

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

No, there's not!

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

clarkejw wrote:No, there's not!
Well there we go then. In Australia, the Accusim B-17 is cheap as chips. :mrgreen:

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I only have around thirty hours on my B-17, I figure it has cost me a touch less that two bucks an hour to fly it to date and that for me is a pretty cheep hobby. The more I fly it in the future the cost goes down and the B-17 is a wonderful piece of work and very immersive.

Being on a fixed retirement budget is not easy but I save enough up and buy myself A2A's latest releases and between learning about the finer details here on this site, the manual and by learning it's personality as I fly each purchase keeps me busy and happy for many hours. I have actually saved a lot of money in the past years because I haven't purchased an aircraft from another developer since the Majestic Dash because I found a new way of simming and am perfectly happy with my A2A hanger.

Do yourself a favor and skip buying your next two cookie cutter aircraft and buy the B-17 instead and you won't be sorry. JMHO :D
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Exactly the right mentally Brett. Buy the very best aircraft and fly it for as many hours as the dollars you bought it for. (usually for many more)
A) It will only end up costing you $1 per hour.
B) By flying the aircraft for so many hours you end up learning so much about the performance, behavior and systems.
C) You spend each hour flying the very best, compared to flying each hour in something less than the best, (and that's the winner right there!!!).

Because I have all the accusim aircraft, by the time I spend a good amount of hours in each aircraft its like relearning parts of the aircraft all over again, for free this time.
Cheers
Trev

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

rastus wrote:I love your aircraft. I have your 172. But there is no way I can justify buying the B-17 then having to pay extra for the Accusim pack. This makes an addon for around $100.00 AUD. No way will I pay this. C'mon guys. This is a joke. I want the B-17 but no way at all will I pay that price.
Hi Glenn,

Glad you like the 172 and welcome to the forums. Just to let you know that with the release of A2A's new store yesterday, there's now a combined price available for FSX warbirds and their Accu-Sim packs which brings them in line with the more recent Accu-Sim add-ons which include the Accu-Sim functionality as default. This should make it a bit cheaper for you to pick up the B-17, though as Paul K mentioned above, it sounds like your currency conversion was a bit out anyway.

Thanks,
Nick

rastus
Airman Basic

Post by rastus »

I bought it yesterday. The exchange rate here in Australia atm is good for the USD. I payed $68.00 for it. Now I cannot get out of it and loving and exploring it.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Glad to hear you took the plunge and are finding the B-17 a worthy purchase. Enjoy. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

rastus
Airman Basic

Post by rastus »

Thanks Brett,
Well worth the money. I am enjoying it and exploring it. It is a great add on and a fantastic learning curve. I do admit to having a lot of aircraft in my hangar , both pay and freeware, but still chop and change to what I feel like flying at times. I've never really got stuck into learning every aircraft 100% but I'm dedicated to this baby.
Rgds Glenn.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”