Problems loading A2A apps

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
davegee1
Airman

Problems loading A2A apps

Post by davegee1 »

Hi All: I have had A2A Spitfire, P-51, P-47, B-17, T-6 for years on my computer. Had a recent crash, had to reload Flight Sim X and lost the programs for these planes. When I reloaded the Spitfire, P-51, and T-6, all it get is the cockpit, no airplane, it is really messed up.

Anyone have any clues what is going on or something I could change to get back to those great airplanes again? It seemed to upload from the disk just fine into my computer, and my computer otherwise works great. Even a couple other brands of airplanes loaded and work ok. I'm confused! :?

Thanks for any ideas or help!

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Re: Problems loading A2A apps

Post by VH-MAL »

An obvious question, but have you run the A2A Updater?

As far as I know, the planes will be in their 'basic' form when you reload them.

Malcolm

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as well as running the updates for our aircraft as VH-MAL mentioned, it does sound like you also have not updated FSX itself and are running a non updated version. This would explain just cockpit in the preview window. You will need to update your FSX using either the two service packs or the Acceleration expansion to fix this issue. Alternatively the FSX Steam edition comes with these pre-installed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

davegee1
Airman

Post by davegee1 »

Thanks, Guys! That was indeed a big help! When I reloaded MS Acceleration, that has one of the updating service packs in it apparently, and that totally fixed the problem.

The only other issue I have is that two of my favorite A2A planes, the B-17 and the P-47 that I lost when the computer problem happened, I can't find the backup disks for them that I thought I had bought from Flightsim.com. But when I researched all my purchases over the years from them, they did not show up.

My question is, could I have bought these directly from A2A somehow? I didn't think so, but just wanted to ask if A2A actually sells their products directly where I might be able to buy backup disks from them to reload my favorite planes.

Thanks,

davegee

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Yes we have just launched a brand new store and website too. Check out the details here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63788

You will want to check the old A2A Store in case you have an account there.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”