New webpage is up! :)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: New webpage is up! :)

Post by Daube »

From my side, I tried registering to your new store, but I keep getting a 403 error "potentially unsafe operation" or something like that as soon as I confirm my choice of password...
Using Chrome. Adblock disabled for the domain.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Alan_A wrote:My account is now fully up and running (thanks, Lewis!)

Next step - trying to recover from the shock of realizing how much I've bought...

Is A2A Anonymous a thing?
It's nothing compared to Orbx, the bottomless hole of add-ons. I don't even want to try and figure out how much I've spent there over the years. Registered in the new store and filled out the form, waiting for my orders now, cheers Lewis!
Cheers!/Andreas

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

addman wrote:
Alan_A wrote:My account is now fully up and running (thanks, Lewis!)

Next step - trying to recover from the shock of realizing how much I've bought...

Is A2A Anonymous a thing?
It's nothing compared to Orbx, the bottomless hole of add-ons. I don't even want to try and figure out how much I've spent there over the years. Registered in the new store and filled out the form, waiting for my orders now, cheers Lewis!
That is true. I’ve also spent enormous amounts at Orbx. It’s good value though, so I don’t mind. However, I’ve spent a few hundred bucks at Carenado. Those products have slightly lower than zero value for me.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Not in a hurry, but would be interesting to know how much time we have to wait to see the old orders in the new store account after filling the form.
Just to know when I have to start to wonder if I have done something wrong.

Regards

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

avduarri wrote:Not in a hurry, but would be interesting to know how much time we have to wait to see the old orders in the new store account after filling the form.

Regards
Make sure to also sign up for the new store not only fill in the form. For me it took about half a day for my orders to appear in the new store.

Regards
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
avduarri wrote:Not in a hurry, but would be interesting to know how much time we have to wait to see the old orders in the new store account after filling the form.

Regards
Make sure to also sign up for the new store not only fill in the form. For me it took about half a day for my orders to appear in the new store.

Regards
Hi,

Yes, I've made an account in the new store with the same e-mail address. I filled the form (and created the new account) yesterday morning/midday.

I don't know if I have to wait more time or maybe there's an issue. I don't know how much workload Lewis have.

Regard and thank you

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Hello! Nice store! Couple questions:

1.) At a minimum, the login page is not fully secure. Probably insecure elements, as it shows a valid certificate. However it doesn't mark everything as secure (Chrome as a browser) and as such there's no easy way to tell that the login itself is secure. Other pages are probably suffering from the same issue. Can you look into that?

versus, for example:

Edit: This is a larger problem here as it affects the checkout page as well, where credit card info is being entered/sent:

I don't believe the credit card info itself is likely to be sent insecure, but there's no reasonable way for a normal customer to know this.

As I mentioned, it's probably insecure elements (images or something from an http:// source, for example) on the page that aren't being wrapped up.

2.) Can I change my username? It defaulted itself to the first part of my e-mail address and I'd rather it be 'shortspecialbus'.

Edit: 3.) LastPass Extension for Chrome doesn't play nicely with the store login for whatever reason. I think it's getting confused by the text box names for registering vs logging in so it's struggling to properly fill in the login box. This is fairly minor but rather irritating.

Thanks,

-stefan
Last edited by shortspecialbus on 23 May 2018, 08:02, edited 3 times in total.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

avduarri wrote: Hi,

Yes, I've made an account in the new store with the same e-mail address. I filled the form (and created the new account) yesterday morning/midday.

I don't know if I have to wait more time or maybe there's an issue. I don't know how much workload Lewis have.

Regard and thank you
I guess his workload is very high at the moment trying to migrate all the accounts. So maybe you’ll give him some more time!?

Regards
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

shortspecialbus wrote: 2.) Can I change my username? It defaulted itself to the first part of my e-mail address and I'd rather it be 'shortspecialbus'.
Yes I found this irritating as well and would like it to be my username Tutmeister.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Thanks Lewis for migrating the data.

Holy Moly! I thought after seeing the subtotal number below the order... Spitfire and B-17 are missing, cause I bought them on a different store as my first A2A planes. Stupid me.

So lets see, what can be done with the flying hours when the Bonanza will arrive.

Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

shortspecialbus wrote:Hello! Nice store! Couple questions:

1.) At a minimum, the login page is not fully secure. Probably insecure elements, as it shows a valid certificate. However it doesn't mark everything as secure (Chrome as a browser) and as such there's no easy way to tell that the login itself is secure. Other pages are probably suffering from the same issue. Can you look into that?

versus, for example:

Edit: This is a larger problem here as it affects the checkout page as well, where credit card info is being entered/sent:

I don't believe the credit card info itself is likely to be sent insecure, but there's no reasonable way for a normal customer to know this.

As I mentioned, it's probably insecure elements (images or something from an http:// source, for example) on the page that aren't being wrapped up.
I was gonna buy the 182 (10 cents a point, sweet!), but noticed I was still getting the insecure warning even on the checkout page. Paypal has their own secure page, so not worried about that, but don't like entering my address, phone, etc. when not secure.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try now patful I believe this has been resolved. I've escalated it anyway

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Thanks for adding my orders to the new store Lewis. It all looks good to me! 8)
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

No change, Lewis. I'm on Firefox. Here's what the checkout page (and the rest of the site) shows:

Connection is not Secure
Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)

Website Identity
Owner: This website does not supply ownership information.
Verified by: Not specified

Connection Partially Encrypted
Parts of the page you are viewing were not encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet. Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

patful wrote:No change, Lewis. I'm on Firefox. Here's what the checkout page (and the rest of the site) shows:

Connection is not Secure
Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)

Website Identity
Owner: This website does not supply ownership information.
Verified by: Not specified

Connection Partially Encrypted
Parts of the page you are viewing were not encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet. Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit.
I use Firefox as well and had the same problem at first. What I did was to 'Bookmark' the site, then edit the link in the bookmark by adding an s to http. Solved it for me.

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”