How to update your Accu-Sim products

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ClippedWings66
Airman Basic

Re: How to update your Accu-Sim products

Post by ClippedWings66 »

Hi Nick
All sorted.
Many thanks to you and Lewis for this!
Brendon :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Brendon - thanks for the post.

Nick

bron3185
Airman Basic

Post by bron3185 »

Hi,

I have a few A2A products from FlightSim Store and I am trying to send a pm to Lewis to get the latest installers but the message seems to be stuck in my outbox. What do I need to do to get it to send.

Thanks for your help.

David

Pilot78
Airman Basic

Post by Pilot78 »

Dear A2A Team;
I am having the the C182 bought from FSS. How can I send a private Message with the purchase-details to Lewis, to get the current installation files? Today I am not allowed, so it is written in the UserControlPanel.
this was my first post.

thank You!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Pilot78 - welcome to the A2A forums.

Now that you've had your first post here approved, you can send a PM to Lewis by clicking the little 'PM' icon in the bottom left corner of one of his posts above. Please include some proof of purchase for the C182 when you do so.

Thanks,
Nick

Pilot78
Airman Basic

Post by Pilot78 »

Thanks Nick!
I will do so.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Just checked into the new Accusim update, and realized that the removal of all a2a products is required to receive the updates now. This is slightly inconvenient however I'm not complaining at all, and I am very thankful to be getting any updates for the older Accu-sim products that I have paid for. This is a huge plus and something I have been looking forward to the day when these older products might get a new feature or 2.

What I'm about to suggest is not to be rude / cause drama, it's just a thought I had:

While making individual installers for each product is ideal, and I assume there is a good reason that the aircraft must be removed. But what if you made an A2A desktop app in winforms/.net? Like an "A2A desktop app" or something.
You already have the code in the installers to search and find currently installed aircraft, you could incorporate that into the app to detect what aircraft are installed and where. Then you can use that as a middle wear to push updates to each plane per user request, instead of un-installing and then re-installing granted this only happens once...but for each plane.
You could incorporate the installers into the desktop app so the user could enter a order #, get verified (or something to verify purchase), once that happened they would get access to run the installer (or something similar) for new airplanes the user purchases.

The real gem is you could then add features, such as a desktop born variant of the Maintenance hanger, running outside of the sim. Since the aircraft information is stored in users local documents as .Dat or similar, you could have a "Hangar" function that decodes the .Dat files and shows the user the current representation of their Accu-sim aircraft right from the app if they wanted to peak and see how the aircraft is outside of the sim. -- Or something similar. The "features" are endless, A2A weather center, A2A route planner(That incorporates characteristics of each plane the user selects) etc.

Just an idea to toy around with. Thank you for the accu-sim update!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

daniel
Airman Basic

Post by daniel »

Hello A2A team,
Again on the forum, I bought FSS C175/Comanche250 on Fss. I would like to send a private message with purchase details to Lewis to get the current installation files?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Daniel - welcome to the A2A forums.

As mentioned to the posters above, now that you've had your first post approved, you can fire a PM to "Lewis - A2A". Please include some proof of purchase for the A2A aircraft you bought on their store.

Thanks,
Nick

daniel
Airman Basic

Post by daniel »

Thanks Nick, message sent to lewis.

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Hello,

I want to ask if there is a timeline for the new P3D v4 updater for purchases from the old A2A store to migrate? I purchased the Texan for v4 under the old store, but it is not showing up under my new store account yet. I tried re-downloading from the old store, but got the old installer. Thank you for your assistance.

John O.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you submitted the form to have your account migrated? http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63788
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Oracle427 wrote:Have you submitted the form to have your account migrated? http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63788
Ah sorry missed that, thanks!

J968a
Airman Basic

Post by J968a »

Hello, my first post here. I purchased Accu-Feel v.2 Air, Land & Sea (P3Dv4) from the A2A-store. While it is great for the "other airplanes", I am missing my A2A C182 (P3Dv4) which I purchased earlier From FFS. So I guess I am going to PM to Lewis. :D

Greetings from Finland,

Juha

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Juha and welcome to the A2A forums.

Yes, now you've made your first post you should be able to send a PM to "Lewis - A2A" with the details of your FSS C182 purchase. Please can you also include the email address you use for the A2A store.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”