Reward Points for Products bought on Simmarket?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Saybia
Airman Basic

Reward Points for Products bought on Simmarket?

Post by Saybia »

Hi guys,

congrats on the new website. Looks rad! I bought 2 A2A products on Simmarket.com . Will it be possible to get reward points for these? By sending you a proof of purchase?

Cheers,
Saybia

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Reward Points for Products bought on Simmarket?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no the reward points are for A2A Store customers. Every store is different, with many third party vendors having there own incentives, JustFlight's store reward points for example.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

How does this whole rewards system work? How many points per dollars spent and what are the points worth? Thanks for any info you can send my way as I didn't see it mentioned in the new store.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

jeepinforfun wrote:How does this whole rewards system work? How many points per dollars spent and what are the points worth?
You get one flying hour per dollar spent. Each flying hour is worth ten cents off a future purchase.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Patful are you sure you are correct?Because that does not tie up with my points.

Cheers Chris

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

speedy70 wrote:Patful are you sure you are correct?Because that does not tie up with my points.

Cheers Chris
Don't forget, some of your items were likely purchased on sale. When I bought the 182 today, 220 points reduced it from $80 to $58, and I received 58 more points.

billhuntsman
Airman First Class

Post by billhuntsman »

My account lists the total amount spent and my points are about half of what they would be if it was 1 point per dollar.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

billhuntsman wrote:My account lists the total amount spent and my points are about half of what they would be if it was 1 point per dollar.
I asked Lewis about this. He explained that we get half the regular A2A flying hours for all of our previous purchases. For every new purchase we’ll of course be awarded full points. So having half the points that you would get if you would purchase today is what was intended by A2A. All correct from what it sounds like.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Thanks gents. :) Was there a thread where this was all explained because I was unable to find it.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

No there was no thread. At least not to my knowledge. I just asked Lewis in a PM.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Ok, thanks. :)
Take care, Brett

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
billhuntsman wrote:My account lists the total amount spent and my points are about half of what they would be if it was 1 point per dollar.
I asked Lewis about this. He explained that we get half the regular A2A flying hours for all of our previous purchases. For every new purchase we’ll of course be awarded full points. So having half the points that you would get if you would purchase today is what was intended by A2A. All correct from what it sounds like.

Happy flying
Thanks! I was about to PM Lewis and ask him about this, as well. That makes sense now. Whether full or half points, it's very generous of A2A! :D

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

BPL wrote: Thanks! I was about to PM Lewis and ask him about this, as well. That makes sense now. Whether full or half points, it's very generous of A2A! :D
I agree. It is very generous of A2A! Maybe Lewis or Scott should post this information somewhere so they don’t get swamped with questions about.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry for the lack of communication at this time, I went for a bit of a soft release, with only a post here and on our facebook page just whilst we went live quietly. We had as expected a few kinks to iron out as people used the system, and with so many users to move I weanted to get a few hundred moved across before I went shouting too much about the site and discounts. Also Nick wanted to double check the installers that are right now having a slight update for a 1% user issue that's popped up.

Normal Lewis shouting and TMI will resume in probably just over a week :wink:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hey Lewis,

it wasn't meant as a criticism. I just figured if you would provide the info on the forums you wouldn't have to answer as many questions. But I see your approach on a soft opening (so to speak) of the new store. I guess that was really smart in order to tame the run on it.

Anyways I hope the migration is going smoothly and you're making good progress. I'm sure it's a massive operation looking at a member number of 26000 on the forums here. I can only imagine how many accounts you got to move. :shock:

Happy flying

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”