Accu-Fleet

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Accu-Fleet

Post by Kilstorm »

Being a 10+ year member of FSEconomy, a couple of years ago I thought up of an idea to combine the Database of FSE with the .dat files of the A2A planes in their last used state. The concept was to be a two phase product. The first phase was to allow different tail numbers of the same airframe (lets say the A2A C172). This would allow the user to have various C172 or any other A2A plane in different liveries and tail numbers and all would have their own last saved state. That can be done now by just making a copy the the .dat fiel and switching them out.

However, phase one would automate the system and lead into phase two which would be the real goal. Phase two would allow users to share these planes and return them used. Best description on that would be to look at what PMDG just announced with their Global Flight Operation. Unlike GFO the planes in my concept would not be restricted to only being used from the last place it was parked nor would it be required to fly a certain route to be used. While that works great for the PMDG fleet and commercial ops, I see the A2A fleet as more of a rental fleet owned by FBOs.

Users could also create groups or VAs and assign tail numbers to the various planes. At that point the group could sync up the tail numbers to match those in FSEconomy as one example. So a C182 sitting at the ramp at KMRY could be rented in FSE then using the tail number that is in FSE create a C182 in a Accu-Fleet group of the same tail number. Do this for a few more planes as an individual user while others in the group do it for their planes and you have a populated group of rental-able planes to pick from all which match those tail numbers in FSE.

So the user rents the plane in FSE then goes to Accu-Fleet and picks the same tail number plane in it which matches to be the same airframe and the fuel levels match as well. Fly the plane land and log the flight and then return the plane back to accu-fleet. the .dat file is uploaded to the Accu-Fleet DB and how the last pilot left the plane the next pilot to use it will see it like that.

Now GFO seems to offer other planes outside of PMDG planes a lot of this in their tier 3 level but I'm sure a more specific program to best make use of the A2A .dat files would work a lot more immersive and true to the expected end results. I wanted to pitch this idea to Scott at last years FlightSim Con but pasted on it but seeing GFO revamped my idea and makes it easier to describe by stating its much like GFO but more geared towards GA use.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Fleet

Post by crippy »

I'm a bit lost on the original idea: Are you saying instead of FSE pushing tail numbers to our sim/aircraft; make our sim/aircraft push tail numbers to FSE?
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”