Back in the saddle.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Back in the saddle.

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys, I had the opportunity today to fly a DA-42. It was a good chance to see where I was at rusty skill wise after over 10 years of not being current. It was a very enjoyable flight, other than getting used to the muscle memory and stiff control forces, I felt pretty comfortable. I did my studying before hand with lot of practice Commercial pilot written exams lol. The instructor said I did quite well considering the long time not current. First time using a G1000 too. A little sensory overload at first, but nothing overwhelming. I know accusim has really helped keep my flying instincts from getting too dull, so I really want to thank you guys at A2A for helping me keep my brain in the flying game for all these years.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: Back in the saddle.

Post by awash2002 »

TJ what kind of G1000 did the DA-42 have is it the G1000 NXI?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey TJ, sounds awesome and glad you have gotten good use out of the sims, with so many pilots using our home sims its a great compliment to the proferssional/flight training side of the business. And great for us to see flight training/currency help at home, as we love the idea that the big sims are all business but that a student/pilot can load up the home PC and get that little extra in at home.

Are you now going down the route of some regular flying again?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thanks guys,
awash2002 wrote:TJ what kind of G1000 did the DA-42 have is it the G1000 NXI?
The DA42 I flew was a 2007 with a NAVIII. They also had some newer DA42-VIs which I hope to fly next. If they are brand new...ie 2018 they should have NXI, otherwise they would be pre NXI units.

Lewis, I am hoping to fly again in a month or two, we'll see how the flying funds shape up lol. With luck I can make it a regular event.

I really believe you guys will hit a big seller when you come out with the twin trainer. Twin time is so expensive to get, that having an accusim Seminole, DA, or whatever would really be a godsend for students and those looking to get current again.

CHeers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

TJ I hope you get pics of the new DA42 TwinStars

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

awash2002 wrote:TJ I hope you get pics of the new DA42 TwinStars
Thanks, I'll try to get pics next time.

The new 2018 DA42-VIs can be identified usually with the new non white paint schemes, similar to the larger DA62s.

Cheers
TJ

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”