P3d question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

P3d question

Post by n421nj »

Every time they come out with a new version of p3d examplev2, v3,v4, do you have to repurchase the new release? So $60 for p3d v2 then I gotta pay another $60 for v3 etc.?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: P3d question

Post by patful »

Misunderstood your question, can't find a delete button!
Last edited by patful on 21 Jun 2018, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

If you want to get the most recent version, then yes you have to buy it.
However, the updates for each version are free.
So for example, if you bought P3Dv4, then the 4.1, 4.2 (and soon 4.3) updates are free.
But if you had P3Dv3, and you want to get P3Dv4, then you have to buy a P3Dv4 licence.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Daube wrote:If you want to get the most recent version, then yes you have to buy it.
However, the updates for each version are free.
So for example, if you bought P3Dv4, then the 4.1, 4.2 (and soon 4.3) updates are free.
But if you had P3Dv3, and you want to get P3Dv4, then you have to buy a P3Dv4 licence.

WRONG!!!!!!!

FSX to P3D is a repurchase... The P3D licence, once purchased, is valid for every new P3D version!!!!!!!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

So if I purchase p3d version 4 and in 2 years p3d v5 comes out will I have to purchase v5 or is it a free upgrade?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

n421nj wrote:So if I purchase p3d version 4 and in 2 years p3d v5 comes out will I have to purchase v5 or is it a free upgrade?
free.

There was no repurchase from v3 to v4 and there will be none from 4 to 5.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I think he's talking about purchasing P3D, not A2A aircraft, Marc. If you have v4 and want v5, you do have to purchase at full price.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Oh..

yeah sure, P3D itself is to be repurchased every time... The updates are free.

forgive me :D

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

MarcE wrote:forgive me :D
You are officially forgiven by the guy that misunderstood the original question in a completely different fashion and subsequently erased his post. :mrgreen:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Deleted
Last edited by Dogsbody55 on 22 Jun 2018, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I’m not complaining. I’m seriously contemplating switching from fsx to p3d and am trying to gather as much information as possible so I can make an educated decision. It’s a tough decision because if I purchase p3d v4 there aren’t many addons for it yet so I’ll have to wait but if I purchase p3d v3 there are a lot of addons but it’s not the latest version with all the features.
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

n421nj wrote:I’m not complaining. I’m seriously contemplating switching from fsx to p3d and am trying to gather as much information as possible so I can make an educated decision. It’s a tough decision because if I purchase p3d v4 there aren’t many addons for it yet so I’ll have to wait but if I purchase p3d v3 there are a lot of addons but it’s not the latest version with all the features.
What kind of addons are you referring to? Scenery or aircraft? The entire Orbx library of sceneries work in P3Dv4.x. Many, if not most, aircraft developers have converted, or are in the process of converting, their products for use in P3Dv4. And I've personally found many (again, if not most) airports designed for FSX can be ported over and work nicely in P3Dv4. I made the switch to P3Dv4 when it came out and haven't looked back. I keep FSX on my system just in case I need to port over an airport that the installer can't install into P3D, which has happened a couple of times with a couple of the smaller developers who can't or won't upgrade to P3D. Lighting, textures and weather in P3D are clearly superior to FSX, imo, once you get your settings right.

Hope this helps with your decision. Cheers!

Stew
ImageImage Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I have all A2A accusim planes, accufeel, 3D lights, Rex 4 texture direct soft clouds, AS next, FTX Global, US cities x Boston Las Vegas niagra falls, spad next, gtn 750 & 650, UTX, aerosoft maidiera lukla nyc x, Airbus 318/319/320/321, twin otter extended, bn2 islander, most carenado planes, fsuipc, dodo sim 206, just flight flying club, tb10-tb20, Alabeo r66, flytampa st Maarten, plum island, spad bid kack Andover herons nest and bunch of others that I can’t remember off the top of my head. So you can see I’ve invested a lot into flight simming over the years so switching sims could potentially be a huge investment
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Dogsbody55 wrote:I don't understand these "discussions". Do people really think they're being ripped off by having to purchase the next version?? There's a huge amount of work that goes in to new versions of a program, and every aspect of it has to be re-examined and often re-written and re-tested. So why wouldn't you have to pay money for the next version???

Perhaps we have all forgotten that new versions of any game or program have to be purchased again. It was ever thus. No one complained about having to buy FS5, then FS95, then FS98, then FS2000, then FS2002, then FS2004, then FSX. Or your face lifted Chevy/Ford/Renault/Volkswagen/Whatever. It's a new product, so you makes your decision to buy, then pays your money. Or not.

Nothing to whinge about here, folks.
Mike
And yet P3D users are still flying with flat airports, the same ATC and other basic FSX options.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

n421nj wrote:I have all A2A accusim planes, accufeel, 3D lights, Rex 4 texture direct soft clouds, AS next, FTX Global, US cities x Boston Las Vegas niagra falls, spad next, gtn 750 & 650, UTX, aerosoft maidiera lukla nyc x, Airbus 318/319/320/321, twin otter extended, bn2 islander, most carenado planes, fsuipc, dodo sim 206, just flight flying club, tb10-tb20, Alabeo r66, flytampa st Maarten, plum island, spad bid kack Andover herons nest and bunch of others that I can’t remember off the top of my head. So you can see I’ve invested a lot into flight simming over the years so switching sims could potentially be a huge investment
Andrew, That's certainly an impressive list. But how many of those add-ons will you be able to run in P3Dv4? I would do some research, but I would venture to say that you'll find that many, if not most, have already been converted to run in P3Dv4. And A2A is on their way to upgrading their products for P3D, too. I don't think switching over will be as huge an investment as you seem to think. And let's face it, eventually nobody will be developing for FSX with all its quirks and shortcomings, most of which you and I aren't even aware of.
ImageImage Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”