FlightChops flies solo the T6

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

FlightChops flies solo the T6

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Steve from FlightChops just posted his solo flight in the T6

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: FlightChops flies solo the T6

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Thanks for the heads up Will! I’ve been looking forward to this one!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

After watching this I am going to have to try and see if I can land the A2A AT-6 without flaps.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome video. I watched it twice already. That one landing was absolutely screwed up but a nice recovery with the go around. And the other landings were just beautiful. Great step by Steve on the pursuit of his dream to fly a Spitfire.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

I agree. I thought it was great, and at the end, quite moving. Interesting also to see that that the Harvard he was flying, differs in a few respects to "our" Texan/Harvard. The starting procedure was different, obviously with a different starter, and the instrumentation looked more period. Also great for we Australian, Brits, Canadians and new Zealanders, was the spade grip stick.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

clarkejw Interesting also to see that that the Harvard he was flying, differs in a few respects to "our" Texan/Harvard.
Yes on that note the mixture seems to be "backwards" where full aft is full rich.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

ImpendingJoker wrote:Yes on that note the mixture seems to be "backwards" where full aft is full rich.
Those Brits, always have to be different. They drive on the wrong side of the road, install the mixture backwards... :wink:

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Weird, but the YouTube link is visible in the Tapatalk preview of the post but there is no sign of it n the body...

A

Andrew Entwistle
Germany
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

The video is embedded via http only, so depending on your browser and system settings, it will not show up.
You can give permission (permanently or once) to show mixed content in your browser.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Now he'll have to fly it often so that he'll keep his T-6 landing Flightchops sharp! This is one airplane that you cannot ignore. You have to fly her periodically to remain current.

I purchased Diamond Point (2WA1) during the recent ORBX sale, and found it to be a great place to practice getting the Six into a skinny runway. I generally like three-pointers, but a wheel landing works better here, for me at least, for keeping her near the centerline on rollout.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”