aircraft state CFG???

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

aircraft state CFG???

Post by cessna lover »

the aircraft state CFG is that where all the time for an airplane is or is it in the log.dat file? if not all my airplanes are back to 0 hours. and one of them was almost at 12 hours. :cry:

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: aircraft state CFG???

Post by FAC257 »

All of your aircraft hours & wear are in the .dat file. In the same folder that your .dat file is located are also back-ups of the aircraft info in the .dat file named .dat.bak1, dat.bak.2, etc.

If your having issues with lost aircraft hours & wear, I recommend that you back up the folder that the .dat files are in before you do anything else. The reason is that each time you load the aircraft the .dat file will become one number higher. Example .dat becomes .dat.bak1. To test an older .dat.bak# file just rename it ".dat"

The reason I say back the folder up first, is that if you load the aircraft 5 times with a bad original .dat, then you really will have lost the aircraft info.
Last edited by FAC257 on 09 Jul 2018, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
FAC257

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D sweeet. thank you sir. I do have all those files. so the aircraft state CFG then is weather or not it's cold and dark right?

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Two things will control the cold & dark state.

A. If you have "Cold & Dark" active in the 2D Controls pop-up then the aircraft should load as C&D on new or non-saved flights.

B. If you've saved the flight as C&D, then the flight will reload that way.
FAC257

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok thanks. by the way I still have all the time on my airplanes. cause I kept the log.dat files and the logbooks for my planes. :D

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

That's great news! :)
FAC257

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D yes it is. thank you for your help.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”