Accu-Sim Bonanza in development, cockpit first look

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
mgr
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Bonanza in development, cockpit first look

Post by mgr »

Hi,
AKar wrote:
mgr wrote:Looks like a "Century 41 Autopilot".
Indeed the set of buttons behind the wheel look a bit like it. Though I can't find the associated systems annunciator in these pics.
-Esa
Think above the ADI, combined with OMI lights, look in the second picture, these seems to be some modes actived??

Marcel

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

mgr wrote:Think above the ADI, combined with OMI lights, look in the second picture, these seems to be some modes actived??
Yeah, I think that's right, yes. Looks different from the Century 41 system annunciator, though can't make it out too well.

Century 41 would be a great choice to be properly simulated, if I'm asked! :) I don't know it for real, but it appears to be rather well documented, with exceptionally comprehensive descriptions in its operating manual, and technical drawings are available as well.

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Close but no cigar! :mrgreen: It's actually the KFC 200 that Michal K has modelled. A bit different to the rate-based APs that we've seen so far.
AKar wrote: I wonder if A2A includes the command bar that is a part of KI 256 - presuming that's what we are looking at.
Indeed the flight director command bars are modelled and if you peer closely at the second screenshot you may just be able to make them out.

In fact, one feature of this autopilot installation is that it can't be engaged unless the flight director is engaged beforehand, the AP switch itself being solenoid-held. I'm pretty sure this will throw up a few "why isn't the autopilot working?" type posts on the forums. Start familiarising yourself with stuff like this guys.

I guess I may have forfeited my right to make impartial comments, but I have to say Rob's artwork in the VC has raised the bar once again. The vernier TPM controls and the trim wheel stood out to me the first time I saw them. And the slightly see-through fabric weave of Mike P's curtains is very convincing too. I'm sure he could take up a successful career making soft furnishings if he ever gets bored of 3-D modelling. :D

Cheers,
Nick

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Nick - A2A wrote:
Close but no cigar! :mrgreen: It's actually the KFC 200 that Michal K has modelled. A bit different to the rate-based APs that we've seen so far.
Cool, nice one to play with :-)

Marcel

nojwod
Senior Airman

Post by nojwod »

Looks fantastic.

Can I make a request that the curtains have an on off option in the control panel? Often times I fly for VFR and maximum all round visibility is important in these flights.

Thanks

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Thanks Nick, good info! KFC200 is another one I've never had any reason to go into, but King (or BendixKing) speaks for quality.

"Attitude-based" autopilots are indeed a little bit different story than the rate-based ones. It will also be an interesting new chapter in Accu-Sim. While someone who's come into simulator world down the food chain, starting from tubeliners for example, might find this a big improvement with no obvious tradeoffs, there are some solid downsides in this kind of systems as well, contributing to the prevalence of rate-based systems in GA world. These include the inherent loss of an IMC backup to the suction gyros: a rate-based autopilot driven by an electrical DG flies one out of the damp way better than most pilots do on a turn coordinator alone. An attitude-based autopilot being dependent on the attitude information from the vacuum-driven ADI gives off this backup. Further, being program-driven, they typically are a bit more clumsy to operate as visual flight 'cruise control'. No more smooth turn knobs, usually! They add much into the game, though. I might need to revise my old "Understanding autopilots" topics.. :mrgreen:

And as you mention, many are like this and completely integrated into flight director system. This is not always the case, there are systems where the flight director is independent of the autopilot. This might be a source of educational conduction like you say. :)

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

nojwod wrote:Can I make a request that the curtains have an on off option in the control panel? Often times I fly for VFR and maximum all round visibility is important in these flights.
The curtains can be removed and fitted in the maintenance hangar nojwood. :wink:
AKar wrote:I might need to revise my old "Understanding autopilots" topics..
That would be great Esa. :)

Cheers,
Nick

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Looks delicious! :shock:

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Scott - A2A wrote: Image

Scott.
Speechless.

Ty53650
Airman First Class

Post by Ty53650 »

This may be the best VC to date! The previous models were stellar for sure, but this may set the bar! Looking forward to this latest entry!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to fly the Bone!
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Will it be released before or after Airventure in Oshkosh? WI

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

it would be nice if one day a dev can make the effect of turn of throttle, mixture and propeller lever. in all fsx addon i have seen before the lever has a simple effect, in real aircraft sometimes for precisely mixture you can turn the lever slowly to make precise fuel mixture setting or throttle setting in cruise. sorry for my english iam french but for the respect of international aviation language i learn english and english forum is nice for it so sorry for my mistakes but i will make efforts, (i dont want to easily go in google translate).
Florent DUFAY

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Accu-Sim Bonanza in development, cockpit first look

Post by Jacques »

(Deleted an irrelevant post)
Last edited by Jacques on 14 Jul 2018, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hnnngghh......Houston...we have noooo problems 8) :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”