Question about Active Sky, Cloud Art, PTA ...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Question about Active Sky, Cloud Art, PTA ...

Post by TBryson2 »

I could probably get my answer(s) from the individual forums, but wanted to see if anyone here had some advice or recommendations first. Hopefully I will convey myself appropriately and have little to no confusion! :mrgreen:

I already have P3D v4, and using Active Sky for P3D v4, Active Sky Cloud Art, PTA and ENVTEX. My question would be on which order to use them in?

I'm assuming (yes, I know) that Active Sky only establishes the weather itself and the (correct?) clouds and that Cloud Art only improves the existing clouds and makes them visually better. Also, ENVTEX has a "link" in the config for ASCA folder and the integration is set for ASCA + ENVTEX textures.

So, to get to the real question, do I install ASCA first, then run ENVTEX, then run PTA? (This seems logical to me), BUT what if I make a change later in ASCA? Do I then need to re-run (apply) ENVTEX and PTA, or only one of the above or ANY of the above? And if so, in which order? Do I need to restore my original P3D shaders prior to doing any of the above? ASCA implies that I can change the cloud "types" in flight while P3D is up and running. How would this affect the other add-ons I have? (PTA, ENVTEX...)

My goal (obviously) is to make sure that I'm not leaving out or inadvertently ignoring one of the above packages AND to get the best graphics I can get.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”