wide view aspect in p3d v4.3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
flo76
Senior Airman

wide view aspect in p3d v4.3

Post by flo76 »

hi all i dont use the wide view aspect aspect in p3d settings i have a 21" monitor 1920/1080 and in the preflight window ( shift + 8 ) i dont see all the blades or the wheel chocks and the tie down in the same window i need to use the zoom out to see all the features but when i set the wide view aspect to on my cockpit position is too zoom out but i see the preflight feature correctly and the entire propeller. i would to know if its normal or i need to use the wide view aspect all the time in the a2a planes ? thanks.
Florent DUFAY

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: wide view aspect in p3d v4.3

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Florent,

I recommend that you do select wide view aspect in the Prepar3D settings, and that you simply increase the 'zoom' in the virtual cockpit view to compensate. If you also resave your default flight with the VC zoom level adjusted in this way, the sim will always load with your updated zoom level.

More info on 'converting' to WideViewAspect=True in this way (complete with formula) here. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Nick

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Florent,

I recommend that you do select wide view aspect in the Prepar3D settings, and that you simply increase the 'zoom' in the virtual cockpit view to compensate. If you also resave your default flight with the VC zoom level adjusted in this way, the sim will always load with your updated zoom level.

More info on 'converting' to WideViewAspect=True in this way (complete with formula) here. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Nick
hi Nick thanks for your fast reply and your instructions. i will follow your suggestions thanks you. i dont understand what you mean in "resave your default flight" when i launch my p3d i select the a2a comanche after i select the airport and time and launch the flight my comanche 250 is always at the state of my last flight with this method its the good procedure ?
Florent DUFAY

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Florent - it's always recommended to use a simple default P3D aircraft for the default flight. However, you can resave this flight (and make the resaved version default) using a personalised zoom setting, along with any other changes you wish to make from the 'original' default flight, such as a different choice of airport or weather.

Thanks,
Nick

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Florent - it's always recommended to use a simple default P3D aircraft for the default flight. However, you can resave this flight (and make the resaved version default) using a personalised zoom setting, along with any other changes you wish to make from the 'original' default flight, such as a different choice of airport or weather.

Thanks,
Nick
ok i see, i have load the default p3d scenario set the piper cub to cold and dark at my favorite airport, save the scenario and set it to default scenario flight. now if i understand when i launch p3d i launch the new default flight i set and select an aircraft i want to fly like my a2a planes and enjoy the flight thats correct ? thanks you.
Florent DUFAY

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, that should work fine Florent. :)

Nick

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Yes, that should work fine Florent. :)

Nick
thanks you for your help. have a nice day.
Florent DUFAY

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”