FS Pilot Shop A2A aircraft for FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Sturme
Airman Basic

FS Pilot Shop A2A aircraft for FSX

Post by Sturme »

Hello,

Just curious, before I might buy, why the A2A spitfire for FSX on FS Pilot Shop is $18.99 whereas on your website it is $49.99. Is it an FS2004 port or is there something I'm missing here?

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: FS Pilot Shop A2A aircraft for FSX

Post by crippy »

Shouldn't be any difference, however I do think for the older products, you may need to buy the base plane and Accu-sim expansion separately.

I know you can get the updated version from the store (I think as a whole bundle) for that $50 price.

A2A also recently released a P3Dv4 version too.

Thanks,

Chris
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The A2A Simulations - Wings of Power: Supermarine Spitfire Mk I for $18.99 sounds like the older non AccuSim version, originally for FS2004 I believe. This one requires a patch to make it FSX compliant.

The original AccuSim Spitfire for FSX was available in two parts, which I have. First the basic non AccuSim model called A2A Wings of Power 3 Mk I and II for FSX. Then the AccuSim package called Accu Sim for the WoP 3 Spitfire Mk I/II.

Looking on the A2A site I see that the separate packages are no longer available, only the newer combined version.

Progress I guess.

Steve.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'd have to see the link, but I agree it is either the original "SOLO" Spitfire for FS2004/FSX (ie, not Accusim compatible); or the Spitfire remake for FSX that required a separate purchase of Accusim pack. A2A's current versions for FSX and P3D are fully Accusimmed.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I believe Sturme is referring to this one, which is the older Mk I for FS2004, patchable to FSX standard.
https://www.fspilotshop.com/a2a-simulat ... -2314.html

It mentions FS2004 and then goes on to say it now includes Accu-Sim, which it does not. It was never Accusimed. Only the Wings of Power 3 version had Accu-Sim.

Be wary is all I will say. Buy from the A2A site is my recommendation.

Steve.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote:It mentions FS2004 and then goes on to say it now includes Accu-Sim, which it does not. It was never Accusimed. Only the Wings of Power 3 version had Accu-Sim.
Yes, the "now includes the Accu-Sim enhancement" statement on the FSPilotShop website is presumably incorrect. I'll bring this to Lewis's attention and hopefully he'll be able to contact FSPilotShop so that they can remove the Accu-Sim reference from the older Wings of Power 1 Spit to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,
Nick

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

That's better.
https://www.fspilotshop.com/a2a-simulat ... -2987.html

Although, still using the older FS2004 in the main heading picture and $20 cheaper than on the A2A store. So I still advise caution if thinking of ordering it here.

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its being sorted as I type this now

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Its being sorted as I type this now

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Nice one Lewis and, sorry to be a pain, but I've been caught-out so many times over the years by, shall we say, misleading adverts.

Steve.
:)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”