the future of A2A and FSX?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cessna lover

the future of A2A and FSX?

Post by cessna lover »

I know FSX is showing it's age and there are newer fancier flight simulators out there. but is A2A going to keep developing aircraft for FSX or is It going to be phased out in the future? I love A2A airplanes and hope to be able to get more. it would be sad if development stopped for FSX :cry:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: the future of A2A and FSX?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Eventually it will be stopped yes just as FS2004. The Bonanza is being developed for P3Dv4 and then FSX, the first aircraft to do this from us as normally it would be FSX first and then moved and updated for P3D.

How the sales are for the aircraft will naturally from a business POV help us decide from there what happens moving forward. But we estimate FSX to still be a very very strong platform for the time being, time will tell 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Lewis, is there likely to be a long wait for the FSX version of the Bonanza.
I have to say that patience isn't one of my strong points (not sure if I have any!).
Del

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Eventually it will be stopped yes just as FS2004. The Bonanza is being developed for P3Dv4 and then FSX, the first aircraft to do this from us as normally it would be FSX first and then moved and updated for P3D.

How the sales are for the aircraft will naturally from a business POV help us decide from there what happens moving forward. But we estimate FSX to still be a very very strong platform for the time being, time will tell 8)

thanks,
Lewis
oh man that stinks. I still have FSX it's a great simulator. I hope to see lots of A2A planes made for it well into the future.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Read the writing on the wall. Time to upgrade to p3d. No one says you still can’t enjoy fsx. I say the more flight sims the better. I have fsx xplane 11 and p3dv4 I love all equally like my children.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

del wrote:Lewis, is there likely to be a long wait for the FSX version of the Bonanza.
I have to say that patience isn't one of my strong points (not sure if I have any!).
Del
You mis-understand, they should be released the same time.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Puh what a relief. As long as the release is not that far away :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I can't wait to get the V35

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

n421nj wrote:Read the writing on the wall. Time to upgrade to p3d. No one says you still can’t enjoy fsx. I say the more flight sims the better. I have fsx xplane 11 and p3dv4 I love all equally like my children.
yes but sir with all do respect sir. I can't afford p3dv4 or xplane 11. nor do I want them. it looks like the propeller disks are flat instead of like the A2A aircraft. besides this is not an argument about which sim is better or how many you have. I was just wondering how long FSX will be supported by A2A?

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

And when A2A says they will no longer support fsx....then what? I still use fsx and love it I’m merely stating that several developers have stopped creating for fsx and only make addons for p3d. More will be following suit as new products are developed. Yes it is a huge investment but if done little by little then it’s not so hard on the wallet.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I'm sure A2A will be supporting and making aircraft for FSX as long as it makes business sense to do so. This might be a very long time, as FSX is still a strong product.

By the time A2A decides to stop supporting FSX you'll probably be quite ready to move to another sim, and there will be other compelling reasons to do so.

Since they're making the P3D version of the Bonanza first, they're "testing the waters" to see if this is a viable strategy. They'll be releasing both versions at the same time. The sales numbers will be very interesting indeed. Lewis, I hope you'll be commenting on these when the time comes, even if you don't give the exact numbers.

Hook

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Hook wrote:I'm sure A2A will be supporting and making aircraft for FSX as long as it makes business sense to do so. This might be a very long time, as FSX is still a strong product.

By the time A2A decides to stop supporting FSX you'll probably be quite ready to move to another sim, and there will be other compelling reasons to do so.

Since they're making the P3D version of the Bonanza first, they're "testing the waters" to see if this is a viable strategy. They'll be releasing both versions at the same time. The sales numbers will be very interesting indeed. Lewis, I hope you'll be commenting on these when the time comes, even if you don't give the exact numbers.

Hook
works for me. I have quite a few of there planes. and there are some more I plan to get in the future.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I think I'll be starting to buy the FSX/P3D bundles from now on, if they will be available. I don't plan to switch to P3D in near future, but eventually FSX will die (RIP)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tomas Linnet wrote:I think I'll be starting to buy the FSX/P3D bundles from now on, if they will be available. I don't plan to switch to P3D in near future, but eventually FSX will die (RIP)
I was actually planning on doing the same thing. I thought about it when I bought the Connie but backed out at the last second. We’ll see what happens when the Bonanza comes around.

And in case I haven’t mentioned it I hope that is soon :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I hope it's soon as well because I can't wait to get this aircraft

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”