Saitek Rudder Pedals settings?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
boilerhead
Airman

Saitek Rudder Pedals settings?

Post by boilerhead »

Hello friends,

I need an advice. I want set my Saitek rudders to most realistic (or recommended by A2A pilots) :wink:
I'm fly most with B-17G. The rudders are very stiff. It's recommended all sensitivity to max? Generally.
(Brake Toe L-R Null Zone & Sensitivity, Rudders Null Zone & Sensitivity) ?

Thanks for reply :D :D

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: Saitek Rudder Pedals settings?

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I would play with the sensitivity and set it to what you like
AKA "Memey"

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

The documentation for A2A planes say to set all control realism to the max, and due to the way FSX handles sensitivity, set it to the max as well. There's a thread that talks about this here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=47744

I prefer a very small dead zone on my rudder pedals, just enough to keep the control from jittering. It may depend on how "positive" the centering detent is, because if it's too strong it's hard to make small corrections near the center. In the end it will come down to personal preference. Slider type controls (like the throttle) have to have sensitivity set to max or you don't get the full range of travel.

Hook

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

I use the Siatek pedals and I agree with the above. The only thing I would add is the deadzone on the brakes may need adjusting depending on how you use them

For example, when doing runup checks with the parking brake on; if you have the brakes with no dead zone and bump the pedal by accident your parking brake may release. I destroyed a prop on my Spitfire this way.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”