Please read if you can't uninstall with 'old' installers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Please read if you can't uninstall with 'old' installers

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bonsoir Jean,

Looking at your images, the command prompt says "C:\Users\Baetis". But when you typed the command, you used a French translation "C:\Utilisateurs\Baetis (...)" instead.

This is probably because you're using a translation tool. For the command to work, please do not translate the following text:

Code: Select all

cd C:\Users\Baetis\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna182
Thanks,
Nick

EchoTango
Airman First Class

Post by EchoTango »

Nick - A2A wrote:Bonsoir Jean,

Looking at your images, the command prompt says "C:\Users\Baetis". But when you typed the command, you used a French translation "C:\Utilisateurs\Baetis (...)" instead.

This is probably because you're using a translation tool. For the command to work, please do not translate the following text:

Code: Select all

cd C:\Users\Baetis\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna182
Thanks,
Nick
I used BOTH "Users and Utilisateurs" SAME PROBLEM ???

I JUST try again and working this morning ???OK Thanks Nick

I encountered same problem to uninstall L049..."CANNOT FIND log file" after second try (the first one worked very quickly , I checked for files of L049, they are still here) so I tried again but does not work.
ImageImage

EchoTango
Airman First Class

Post by EchoTango »

Bonjour Nick,

I installed C182, Cherokee and Comanche, but I could not for the L049 (please view my post just above)
May be I could delete manually the file and install the new one for L049 ?

Thanks for your help
ImageImage

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Guys,

It's been a while since I've used FSX and encountered this uninstall issue, but there was a step I used that would cure the problem on my end.

Usually the lost uninstall log issue happened after a few of the older aircraft were updated using any version of an update. Typically it was only the B377 and the P-47 that consistently had the problem. The work around was to install the original vanilla aircraft installation file on top of the current installation. This would then allow you to uninstall the aircraft.
FAC257

EchoTango
Airman First Class

Post by EchoTango »

FAC257 wrote: The work around was to install the original vanilla aircraft installation file on top of the current installation. This would then allow you to uninstall the aircraft.
Bonjour,
Please could explain how to do this, give more details, sorry but I don't see what you mean. Thanks
ImageImage

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

1. Re-install the first installation file that you purchased for the aircraft that is not uninstalling.
2. Do not install any updates.
3. The aircraft should uninstall properly after that.

There may be some loose end files and folders for that particular aircraft left over in the FSX/Simobjects/Aircraft folder that you can manually delete.

As I said before, it's been a very long time since I've used FSX or run into the install log error, so I'm not sure if this method still works.
FAC257

EchoTango
Airman First Class

Post by EchoTango »

FAC257 wrote:1. Re-install the first installation file that you purchased for the aircraft that is not uninstalling.
2. Do not install any updates.
3. The aircraft should uninstall properly after that.

There may be some loose end files and folders for that particular aircraft left over in the FSX/Simobjects/Aircraft folder that you can manually delete.

As I said before, it's been a very long time since I've used FSX or run into the install log error, so I'm not sure if this method still works.
Hello FAC257,
I deleted manually and installed the new file...everything in order.
Thanks again for your help
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Jean - that's good news, and thanks very much for chiming in too Forest.

Best regards,
Nick

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Jean, Good to hear you got it working. I've been wondering if your were getting things straightened out.
FAC257

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”