P3Dv4 Undocking Panels 75Hz Monitor Fix

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

P3Dv4 Undocking Panels 75Hz Monitor Fix

Post by crippy »

Just as an FYI, I purchased a ASUS VG245H and it has a 75Hz refresh rate feature. This means that even with Vsync on it will push 75FPS as the locked sync, VS the 60FPS the normal monitors have.

Anyway I was having issues undocking windows to a second monitor. The FPS would drop...the usual dreaded sight and symptom.
To Fix:
First: go to NVIDIA control panel and go to the P3D profile. Select VSYNC and turn it OFF in the options list. Not "Use Application Settings". Make sure this is also the case in the global settings list.

Secondly and this may be a big blow to some, the only thing that fixed it for me (Using P3D Vsync ON, Frame Rate Unlimited [This still locks the FPS outputted by P3d to 75FPS since the monitor is 75Hz]) was to actually set my second monitor to 75Hz also.

I was just very very very very very very lucky that my old dell 17" monitors from 2005+ actually had this little hidden away feature...way ahead of their time, but it sure saved me.

My symptoms were: Undocking on any monitor initially fps went to 30. Fixed the VSYNC option in Nvidea control panel. Then I noticed the FPS was fine when I undocked to the main monitor (new 75hz in this case) but the second I moved it to the second monitor, the FPS went back down to 30. This cued me into a panel / rendering / graphics engine whatever issue.

I just hope this might help someone in the future :)

That is all :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”