Scotland Norway Air Rally 2018

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Scotland Norway Air Rally 2018

Post by Paughco »

Co-pilot Ernie showed me this today, and I figured I'd better pass it on: http://bluegrassairlines.com/operations ... index.html.

The SNAR will be officially conducted over the period 15 Oct 18 - 14 Nov 18 and will involve a total of 10 flights. Pilot registration for the event will open from 0001 hrs UTC, 17 Sep 18 and close at 2359 hrs UTC, 18 N0v 18 (I believe that closing date is a misprint).

I have flown in several Bluegrass Airlines rallies over the past few years, and I find them to be a lot of fun. Some of the legs are quite challenging. The folks on the associated forum are crazy! I always fly them in my DC-3 Airways C-47. More room for supplies that way, especially for the stops where we're required to camp out next to the runway. Let's see: Two cases of Famous Grouse, barbecue, bear spray, …

Think I'll do the test flight this afternoon. Oh yeah. You have to fly a test flight in order to register. The test flight is over a closed course, and you fly from NDB A to NDB B in an established cruise. The flight time, measured to the nearest .01 minute, determines your target times for the ten legs of the actual flight. It's not a race; more like a rally, only with plenty of mayhem.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”