[Solved] Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals / ailerons / Bonanza

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
SJDobby
Airman

[Solved] Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals / ailerons / Bonanza

Post by SJDobby »

Hi

I know this is not the official place for Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal support, but as there seem to be some keen and happy users of that product I though I'd see if there is anyone that can help on these here forum pages.

I have, this evening, successfully installed my new Thrustmaster Pedals, and am testing them out on my new shiny Bonanza. They work the rudder axis (and appear to work the differential brakes) fine, but they are also operating the ailerons.

The FSX control settings for the T-Rudder controller are only showing assignments for rudder and left & right brakes, so I don't know why they are being allowed to also control ailerons. The joystick (a Hotas-X flightstick and throttle device) works fine for aileron control itself.

I shall of course continue digging on t'internet, but in the meantime if anyone has any tips I'd be most grateful.

Cheers
Simon
Last edited by SJDobby on 05 Oct 2018, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals: also controlling ailerons

Post by Alan_A »

That's characteristic of the V-Tail Bonanza. Aileron and rudder (actually ruddervator) are connected by bungee to make coordinated turns easier. More here. There's nothing wrong with your setup.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

SJDobby
Airman

Re: [Solved] Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals / ailerons / Bonanza

Post by SJDobby »

Doh! [slaps head]

Thank you Alan.

I have loaded the "conventionally-controlled" Comanche, and, sure enough, pedals only control rudder & brakes. Universal harmony is restored.

:D

Cheers
Simon
ImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: [Solved] Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals / ailerons / Bonanza

Post by Alan_A »

SJDobby wrote:Universal harmony is restored.
That's always to be celebrated. 8)

Threw me at first, too. Glad you got it worked out.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”