What my daughter hears when I'm talking on the phone....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

What my daughter hears when I'm talking on the phone....

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bla bla, bla bla bla.... bla bla ACCUSIM. Bla bla, bla bla accusim, bla bla, bla bla bla. Bla bla bla Accu-Sim, bla bla bla.

I just found this really funny, as both her and my wife are not interested in airplanes. They are both always rolling their eyes at their Dad. Just a bit of perspective from a non sim / aviation person peeking into our world.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Re: What my daughter hears when I'm talking on the phone....

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Same here. The only time she perks up and listens is when I suggest we buy a cargo plane like a C-45 or C-47 to make her shopping trips easier. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Haha :D

My girlfriend isn‘t into airplanes either.. but she‘s always said „hey at least it‘s a flight sim and not Call of Duty :DDD

And in August I found out that she secretely trains flying using the 172 and 182... I haven‘t told her that I know it and can‘t wait for her to tell me or what ever she‘s planning to do :lol:

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

somestimes my wife asks me when I'm reading stuff on my IPad:
It goes something like this......:
Wife "What are you reading?"
Me: A2A just uploaded the manual for their new Accu-Sim aircraft, so I'm studying to be prepared to fly it when they release the aircraft(big smile)
Wife: so........you did not even buy it yet????
Me: No, but the manual is so good, lots of history, and a lot of tech stuff.....did you know......
Wife: forget i asked.....
Me: :?
Me: What??
Me: :shock:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Its like they don't even respect you and your hobbies and at least try to understand the allure....no, its just "guy talk" :? I don't like it at all.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

HaHa, It's an Accu-Sim thing... they wouldn't understand.

My wife is really glad that I don't spend much time in CoD (killing cartoons as she puts it) as well. It does seem to bring out the worst in me :mrgreen: "Video games don't make people angry, LAG makes people angry".

As far as simming she has the same comments/questions every few weeks.
1) Are you aloud to be playing on your phone/surf-the-web while flying? I don't think you should be aloud to do that. (Flying now checking in on 'ACCU-SIM'. It's of vital importance you know.)
2) So..... do you think you could land a plane if you had to, in an emergency?
3) And sometimes, where are you headed today?
4) How can you fly in that, it's pitch black you can't even see where you're going?

Actually, most often when I talk to someone about flight simming I get the same response, X's covering their eyes with a blank stare. If they show any interest at all then I explain Accu-Sim and they seem to pay a little more attention but it's still "just a video game" and a waste of time in most people's opinions.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Scott - A2A wrote:Bla bla, bla bla bla.... bla bla ACCUSIM. Bla bla, bla bla accusim, bla bla, bla bla bla. Bla bla bla Accu-Sim, bla bla bla.

I just found this really funny, as both her and my wife are not interested in airplanes. They are both always rolling their eyes at their Dad. Just a bit of perspective from a non sim / aviation person peeking into our world.

Scott.
Scott, you at least have Captain Jake firmly allied with you within the immediate family structure, so there is balance in the Force. :)

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Hahahaha, reminds me of this old cartoon. BTW, I am sure my wife and daughter hear the same. :)

Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Flowers they would understand
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

My sister doesn't especially care about planes... but she always asks how long before she can start collecting family travel benefits from the local airline if/when they hire me. :roll:

bundi
Airman First Class

Post by bundi »

Nice discussion... :).
My wife tolerates my passion for flightsim - sometimes she askes, where are we flying today... :). My three year old daughter doesnt like civil sim -there are no parachutes in p3d, she sits with me, only when I'm flying in DCS and after a few minute I have to eject and then we are discusing all about scenery and where are we flying, when we gonna land... :D

From my real life social network only one non simmer respect my passion for flightsim...

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

MarcE wrote:
And in August I found out that she secretely trains flying using the 172 and 182... I haven‘t told her that I know it and can‘t wait for her to tell me or what ever she‘s planning to do :lol:
This has me intrigued. She’s flying the A2A aircraft in the sim? I’d be shocked if you replied she’s secretly training in real life.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Aviation is a calling just like being a firefighter. Hard to explain the appeal to an “outsider”
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

My and I are definitely not "two peas in a pod"! My life centers around my family and all things aviation. My wife loves the family; but hates flying. I could never get her to fly anywhere these days. I did get her to fly many years ago and it was a white knuckle experience for her. She was so scared. I tried to explain to her what every bump, bang, or strange airplane noise was all about; but no luck in calming her nerves. Every now and then I try and show her something really neat on the Flight Sim. She just rolls her eyes :roll: and walks off! What am I to do? Hahaha

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :D

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

Fortunately for me my wife understands my passion for aviation, and at least pretends to have some interest in it.
Flying in the real world for her has become absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
We’ll be flying along, I’m enjoying the sunshine, scenery and the joy of flying.
I look over, she’s reading a book.
Recently we ran into some weather.
I’m making quick and direct decent to the nearest airport, closely watching the approaching thunderstorm and contemplating pulling off a textbook landing with a 90 degree 20+ knot crosswind.
I look over, she’s reading a book.
Ignorance is bliss I guess!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”