P3D: Departure and Arrival Procedures With Default ATC

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

The only issue I have with P3D is the default doesnt give you procedures to follow like in real life. Why? Will Lockheed Martin implement this in a future update? What is the best third-party option to solve this? And can i still used the keyboard?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3D: Departure and Arrival Procedures With Default ATC

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
You could fly on Vatsim or IVAO networks where any ATC is real people , who follow correct ATC proceedures .
I fly on VATSIM useing Vpilot software , on unicom you type your message to let others know you are there and your intentions , if ATC on line they will contact you and give you a squawk code and freq to change to , then you hit a push to talk button.
regards alan. 8)

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

There isn't one. People have tried to promote a couple ATC products, but the voices alone make them awful. I have heard that even the more popular ATC add-ons will vector you into mountains lol.

I proposed years ago to the developer of Radar Contact that he could add a couple features to really improve and simulate the real world. He dismissed the idea and it was abandoned at some point.

If a product with good voices like you hear in P3D/FSX would allow the entry of a flight plan and assigned altitudes, it would work so much better. Allow each waypoint to have a speed restriction if needed and altitude constraint, then include options for vectors, emergencies, and traffic. Built around a database of airports and terrain. I realize it's not something I could make, but developers have come close. Radar Contact was good at allowing emergencies and decent at vectoring. The voices were okay-ish. I think it had some good traffic alerts too. If he'd just let you put speeds and altitudes into your flight plan and give an interface to create complex routing that simulated a realistic ATC interaction.... :?
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

DatDudeMIC wrote:The only issue I have with P3D is the default doesnt give you procedures to follow like in real life. Why? Will Lockheed Martin implement this in a future update? What is the best third-party option to solve this? And can i still used the keyboard?
Default ATC in P3D is inherited from the FSX. I don't know but I doubt there will be any updates into this in foreseeable future.

There are addons such as PRO-ATC/X. Some do like them, I haven't tried these yet so can't give any recommendations. As I understand it, they don't handle VFR traffic too well, which would be a problem to me.

-Esa

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

This is about as real as you can get if you want to go that route;
https://www.pilotedge.net/

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Yeah - still a Radar Contact user - I have mine rigged with Voice Attack - so I can verbally interact with RC4... Sure beats pushing buttons... It’s a shame we never saw RC5 as they really do have a lot going for it...

If you download the “meatwater” mod from AvSim for RC4 - it really improves all the sound files - in my opinion...

I don’t think any ATC program is terrain aware yet ?

I’d like to see true traffic separation as well at some point...

RC4 is so much better than default - eliminates all the crazy vectoring - I use it on every IFR flight - for VFR I just use default when i feel like being bothered...

That said - as Lewis stated - Pilot Edge is what you want for realism - as it’s staffed by RW controllers... I intend to try it at some point...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”