Charter Thoughts

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Charter Thoughts

Post by crippy »

I usually stick to my Piper Cherokee / 172 for doing training flights and my own personal flights, just because I like going slow and enjoying everything.

I've been thinking to get back into the cockpit after 6 months, and taking fake charter flights. I would use FSEconomy to get the destinations from my current home airport, and it would also provide the weights, passengers, and story for the flight. I would then fly the flight offline because I just like it that way.

I have the Comanche (and every other aircraft) that has sat over a year, it seemed to me it was a bit unrealistic as a modern charter due to the size but I think that might be debatable.

I am leaning toward the V-tail as a charter aircraft. Would it be a better fit than my Comanche? I just don't want to buy another accusim aircraft and have it sit unused....as I have around 10 or more :)

Edit: I might also mention all my flights will occur well after dark. So how is the night cockpit lighting in the V-tail compared to the Comanche?
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Charter Thoughts

Post by n421nj »

In terms of accusim it’s the latest and greatest. The night lighting in p3d v4 is amazing. It is basically the top of the line accusim plane at the moment. However it is still a 4 seater and in the same category as the Comanche. I wouldn’t use it for charter flights but that is just me. There are plenty other planes on the market more suited for charter flights the hand off is that they aren’t accusim. If you have xplane I hear the hot start tbm 900 is the closest to accusim right now and I would use that plane for charter flights.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Thanks for the help n421nj, I think I am going to go ahead and try the Comanche for "charter" ops given that it is just sitting unused anyway. If I find that I like this, but would like more speed and better night lighting, I will (and anticipate) upgrade to the V-tail. As the v-tail for some reason feels more "charter-ey" than the Comanche does and the 300 HP engine is a huge draw as it seems I could likely get 160-170+ Kts that would be great for an hour or so flight time.

I was somewhat tempted at Carenado because I can just fire it up and go (Surprisingly a plus for me these days coming home after work..funny how priorities change) but decided against it after reviewing the night lighting options they had.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

:lol: Night time charter ops he says :lol: In November, days before daylight savings time ends :lol:

Took this picture when I got the Cherokee put back up in the hangar...Needles to say I was flying with every light in the room turned off until I got it shut down

Oh well, at least the idea got me back in the cockpit after 4 months. By February I'll be a good night pilot just in time for Daylight savings time again!

Still might look into the bonanza eventually, once I get my 'night legs' and am comfortable flying the Comanche given the higher speeds...and being pitch dark out.

I re-watched the promo video, and it seems it has the most versatile lighting layout of all aircraft so far.

Cheers!
Image Image Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

FYI the Comanche and bonanza fly totally different. Comanche is a lot more slippery and will float like mad over the runway if your approach speed is too fast.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”