Migrate A2A aircraft to a new PC

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Pinepix
Airman

Migrate A2A aircraft to a new PC

Post by Pinepix »

Hi, I am in the process of building a new PC for P3D version 4 as my existing PC is getting a bit outdated. I am sure that this must have come up before but I could not find any topics in this regards.

What is the best way to migrate my A2A aircraft to the new PC.
1. Do I need to download and re-install the planes from scratch. (I assume that the A2A downloads area will have the most up to date versions)
2. Can I just make a backup of my existing P3D installation and restore it on the new PC. If so, what must I look out for (eg files not stored with the normal P3D files.

Ideally I would like to maintain the state and history of my planes as it currently is (eg hours etc)

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Johan Pienaar

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Migrate A2A aircraft to a new PC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Johan,

To install your A2A aircraft on your new PC and keep their 'state' is pretty straightforward:
  1. Download the new P3D v4 installers from the A2A store (see this sticky topic for more info) and then use them to install each product on your new PC.
  2. Copy the entire contents of "Documents\A2A" directory from your existing PC and paste it to the corresponding location on the new one.
Hope this helps, but if you have any problems, please let us know.

Thanks,
Nick

Pinepix
Airman

Re: Migrate A2A aircraft to a new PC

Post by Pinepix »

Thank you very much.
Johan Pienaar

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”