New Aircraft News???

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: New Aircraft News???

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Radial, did you say?? How about one of these??

This is actually the box art to the latest Airfix 1/24 kit announced this weekend just gone. For large scale modelers like me, I can't wait to get my hands on this!! Their previous offering, a Hawker Typhoon, was an absolute joy to build and the detailing was superb.

So this should be some inspiration for A2A to join the radial engine part again with another warbird. Does anyone agree?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike.

PS. There's also some large scale Lancasters about too. One company has just released theirs and another will do so in 2019. Something for Lewis to salivate over. He may need to pick up another hobby :lol: :lol: (as well as build an extension onto his home - this thing is massive!!!)

ImageImageImageImage

Toadriver1
Airman Basic

Post by Toadriver1 »

That's their new one? It looks amazing. The Hawker Typhoon was a personal favorite of mine as well.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

scottb613 wrote:Hi Folks,

I have but one:

Regards,
Scott
Oh gosh.... I'd kill for one of those! There's a nice little one for X plane.... but it's just "good" not superb like an A2a would be

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Radial, did you say?? How about one of these??
So this should be some inspiration for A2A to join the radial engine part again with another warbird. Does anyone agree?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes. Yes I do. An A2A Grumman would be sweet. I think I'm about to be banned for my incessant big radial begging, so I'm glad somebody is helping out here.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Twotter......

I have spoken - even louder.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We really want to do a twin. It’s one of those things that just has to be Accu-Simmed. However we have commitments we’ve been working on as well as more down the road that can push this back. We’re getting really close to be sharing one of our current projects in development. The Comanche 250 lost its fuel pump recently so I’m currently on an Airbus heading to one of our destinations for test flying. It’s been many years that I’ve flown the airlines, the last time there was no WiFi :)

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote:We really want to do a twin. It’s one of those things that just has to be Accu-Simmed. However we have commitments we’ve been working on as well as more down the road that can push this back. We’re getting really close to be sharing one of our current projects in development. The Comanche 250 lost its fuel pump recently so I’m currently on an Airbus heading to one of our destinations for test flying. It’s been many years that I’ve flown the airlines, the last time there was no WiFi :)

Scott
When the 250 fails, break out the ol' 400! I'd love to see some more pics and particularly some sounds from that beast. And, down the line, an Accusim version. What this world needs is the Lyc-720 accusimmed all the way!
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Or buy a Twotter...... very reliable..... or a Caravan, even better.

You need to move to Alaska, Scott !

You have been spoiled by these cushy GAs..... you need some bush.

.......... erm, bush flying experience !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Gabe777 wrote:Or buy a Twotter...... very reliable..... or a Caravan, even better.

You need to move to Alaska, Scott !

You have been spoiled by these cushy GAs..... you need some bush.

.......... erm, bush flying experience !
:shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

Oh... and did someone mention a Grumman fighter.
A Wildcat could be fun, in a similar way as is the P-40, but with a nice big noisy radial up front. :)

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Bet they'd sell 10x as many Twotters as WW2 / military stuff.

Just saying.

Think of modelling that Beta Range...... the ground effect...... amphibians - there's a challenge right there !

I think A2A are a little worried they couldn't cope with an amphibian physics.

Too difficult. Keep it safe huh ?

...... hehe..... 8)

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Gabe777 wrote:Bet they'd sell 10x as many Twotters as WW2 / military stuff.

Just saying.

Think of modelling that Beta Range...... the ground effect...... amphibians - there's a challenge right there !

I think A2A are a little worried they couldn't cope with an amphibian physics.

Too difficult. Keep it safe huh ?

...... hehe..... 8)
How about one of these, satisfies both urges :) .... hmmm I could definitely get behind a Duck come to think of it.

Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Will the next project announced be the secret project that was teased or a totally different surprise like the c182? I realize that by answering this gives away the surprise but a guys gotta try right???
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

n421nj wrote:Will the next project announced be the secret project that was teased or a totally different surprise like the c182? I realize that by answering this gives away the surprise but a guys gotta try right???
I think it's the T-33, but not really a secret project since they announced they were working on it a few years ago.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Scott - A2A wrote:We really want to do a twin. It’s one of those things that just has to be Accu-Simmed. However we have commitments we’ve been working on as well as more down the road that can push this back. We’re getting really close to be sharing one of our current projects in development. The Comanche 250 lost its fuel pump recently so I’m currently on an Airbus heading to one of our destinations for test flying. It’s been many years that I’ve flown the airlines, the last time there was no WiFi :)

Scott
Scott: We need a B-25 sometime before April 18th. Then all we have to do is figure out how to get the Hornet (CV-8) out in the Pacific...

Seeya
ATB

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Scott - A2A wrote: It’s been many years that I’ve flown the airlines, the last time there was no WiFi :)

Scott

Anybody notice this line? Maybe he is in Alaska. Maybe it is a bush plane. Beaver, Otter, Twin Otter, 185. With and w/o floats.

Ok I can dream too. But a twin beech is a cargo aircraft too. So that's it. A twin beech is our next A2A aircraft.

Ok, I will crawl back in my cave now.......

Chris
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”