twin V-tail bonanza's???

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

twin V-tail bonanza's???

Post by cessna lover »

how come you don't see these any more? I used to go to the airports during the summer for plane watching and would see Cessna's and cubs but nothing like this Image are these rare birds or are they extinct??

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: twin V-tail bonanza's???

Post by patful »

I've never seen one, only 14 converted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Super_V

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok so it's basically the same plane but beefed up a little. but still I have never seen one.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

cessna lover wrote:oh ok so it's basically the same plane but beefed up a little. but still I have never seen one.
Well if only 14 were ever made chances are slim that one sees one!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: true on that. but I thought that some one would see one. unless all 14 are museum pieces or locked in hangers some where.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Interesting, never have seen one of those.

My first gut feeling is, I bet an engine out would be an, uhhhmmm, interesting experience.
Sure would have a good deal of tarmac presence though.

Regards,
Dave
Last edited by aonyn on 11 Nov 2018, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

aonyn wrote:Interesting, never have seen one of those.

My first gut feeling is, I bet an engine out would be an, uhhhmmm, interesting experience.
Sure would have a good deal of tarmac presence though.

Regards,
DAve
My feelings exactly. A engine failure with the critical engine out anywhere near Vmc where rudder authority is of vital importance just might turn out to be a VERY interesting experience.
Dudley Henriques

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I wonder how was this thing to fly as well. I recall a good book written by local test pilot, where he in few words describes each type he has flown. He praised both Bonanza models 35 and 36 (straight-tail), but just about hated B55 Baron, noting that engine out performance figures were just about only positive flying characteristic on the airplane. It would be interesting to know how this frankenplane would compare.

-Esa

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well if the V tail got the name doctor killer I guess this thing would be the surgery killer :| :|

Seriously though, V tail or not, the twin Bonanza's are so damn fugly they should be extinct :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Lewis - A2A wrote: Seriously though, V tail or not, the twin Bonanza's are so damn fugly they should be extinct :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:shock: :shock: I always liked the twin Bonanza’s look. A classic piston twin. But if you don’t want to Accusim the twin Bonanza I’ll take a Beech 18 any day :mrgreen: :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Beech 18, there is a plane I could get on board with for Accusim :)
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

any twin with an engine out can be a bear. but I have tried them on FSX with the default baron. and if you can get the aileron and rudder trim set just right it's not bad. not very fast but I did pretty good with it.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

twin V-tail bonanza's???

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I think the MilViz C310R is widely held as the best light twin we’ve seen in FS to date - with fairly realistic engine out performance as well... Bernt Stolle did the FDE and it’s pretty enjoyable for me... Was recently chatting with a 15K hour pilot on AvSim who flew C310’s on firefighting missions - he raved about the MilViz model...

The bar has been set - just waiting to see how high A2A clears it by - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

scottb613 wrote:Hi Folks,

I think the MilViz C310R is widely held as the best light twin we’ve seen in FS to date - with fairly realistic engine out performance as well... Bernt Stolle did the FDE and it’s pretty enjoyable for me... Was recently chatting with a 15K hour pilot on AvSim who flew them on firefighting missions - he raved about the MilViz model...

The bar has been set - just waiting to see how high A2A clears it by - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like where the A2A bar is set. because this bonanza I bought is not hard to fly it's hard to fly well. kind of like the T-6 it's hard to fly well.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”