rank

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
einherz
Master Sergeant

rank

Post by einherz »

is it possible to stay airman independent of posts quantity? :) i love it :)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: rank

Post by Oracle427 »

No way, you're going to end up flying a desk like the rest of us before long!

I doubt it's possible given the nature of the way the forum works but let's see what the A2A guys say.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oracle427 wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 07:07 No way, you're going to end up flying a desk like the rest of us before long!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Technically speaking, it's possible to assign 'custom' ranks einherz, but things would get a bit messy if we start doing this too often. Besides, there are all sorts of interesting characters in the NCOs mess. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 07:33...NCOs mess. :)

Cheers,
Nick
That'll be 'Sergeants' mess. NCO covers corporals who aren't privy to the Sergeants Mess. Of course, that the British way. American messes may be different.

Come to think of it, we don't have corporals on the forum do we?

EDIT: Just noticed I'm a Master Sergeant. Must be American.

I wish I hadn't started this.... :(
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron Attwood wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:36 EDIT: Just noticed I'm a Master Sergeant. Must be American.
'Fraid so Ron. There'll be 'Lootenants' and all sorts knocking around. :mrgreen:

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

Oracle427 wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 07:07 No way, you're going to end up flying a desk like the rest of us before long!

I doubt it's possible given the nature of the way the forum works but let's see what the A2A guys say.
no way to no way lol, i was going to end up 20years ago, so now i can only going to end down, but no, no way again lol
oookkk must be i will change my rank in the signature, something like that - my rank is airman. corrected to believe. marshall of the universe coalition air force einherz
Nick - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:55
Ron Attwood wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:36 EDIT: Just noticed I'm a Master Sergeant. Must be American.
'Fraid so Ron. There'll be 'Lootenants' and all sorts knocking around. :mrgreen:

Nick
good idea, may be i'll take lunatynant night-flier :)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

einherz wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 00:07 is it possible to stay airman independent of posts quantity? :) i love it :)
When duty calls you have to answer :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I'm not sure I'll ever make Chief. My dad would expect it of me. :mrgreen:

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 10:25
einherz wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 00:07 is it possible to stay airman independent of posts quantity? :) i love it :)
When duty calls you have to answer :)
so i just must to add to "airman" "lunatynant night-flier" so nobody will disturb me :D
patful wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 12:50 I'm not sure I'll ever make Chief. My dad would expect it of me. :mrgreen:
good for you, my father know, what can expect nothing of me hahaha

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Ron Attwood wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:36
Nick - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 07:33...NCOs mess. :)

Cheers,
Nick
That'll be 'Sergeants' mess. NCO covers corporals who aren't privy to the Sergeants Mess. Of course, that the British way. American messes may be different.

Come to think of it, we don't have corporals on the forum do we?
When the United States Air Force became a separate service from the Army in 1947 it began life with new designations for the junior enlisted ranks -- Airman Basic, Airman Third Class, Airman Second Class, Airman First Class, and then the NCO grades beginning with Sergeant (three stripes, Grade E-4). With time and evolving political sensitivities, the junior enlisted ranks were eventually renamed so nobody would be called "third class": Senior Airman replaced "Airman First Class"; Airman Second Class was renamed to Airman First Class; Airman Third Class became simply "Airman." In all that I don't know what rank comes closest to the Corporal rank; Senior Airman is the most similar in function because when the USAF still had the three-striped buck sergeant, Senior Airman was the same pay grade (E-4) and had the same number of stripes but wasn't considered an NCO. The Sergeant rank was eliminated in the 1990s and now Senior Airmen promote to Staff Sergeant (E-5).

When I entered the Air Force in 1993 the NCO Club had become an all-purpose enlisted club, and there wasn't a mess to speak of. The Officer Club was in a separate building and had different gathering areas for senior officers and junior officers. The NCO Club at my base was eliminated by the end of the 1990s, basically as the club system as a whole began dying from lack of interest. The Air Force went to the combined club system where basically dues were tiered by rank but otherwise activities were open to everyone. The O-Club became a base community center; it experimented with buffet lunches open to the public with moderate success; and had its last gasp as a Youth Activities Center before it was finally demolished. Now everything is under one roof in a modern community center that you aren't allowed to call a 'club', and all ranks socialize very informally compared to what I remember as a young Airman 1st Class in the early 1990s.

In case you were curious.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

interesting

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”