Prepar3D v4.4 - released

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Prepar3D v4.4 - released

Post by patful »

AerialShorts wrote:I went ahead and risked it as well. I did a night flight and the sky looks better and illumination of the ground looks better too. I hope I’m not just imagining it since I haven’t had much time in, but it looked nice. I was flying in VR and it’s the first time the view was so dark I could start to see the fixed pattern gray. There was no moon is why it was so dark. I think the illumination I did have was from the sky box starlight. I've never seen that before either. It can push the dynamic range of a display device. Stars look much finer and so do ground lights.
The night sky is a thing of beauty, no more cartoonish bright stars, and it's finally dark. This was really the only reason I installed it, pretty happy with the results so far.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Glad I wasn’t just imagining that. I looked at the sky and it was a "that's different" moment but I couldn’t go back to compare with.

Visual quality just seems better all the way around. Sure seems like a good update that will only get better as more aftermarket support for PBR gets added by 3rd parties.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

oh Ill have to check that out for night, I haven't flown much at night recently
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Those engine sounds when switching views, though... :( Wish I had waited to install, bet another fix is around the corner.

I thought I was having frame rate problems, but it turned out to be an Orbx Traffic setting, so I'm actually getting about 5 fps better than with v4.3. :D

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Are all these visual changes effected by just the client update, or do we need to download the scenery too??

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Are all these visual changes effected by just the client update, or do we need to download the scenery too??

Cheers,
Mike

Boosting this one. Really looking for an answer here as I've only recently installed P3D, so this is my first update and due to family issues, I don't have time to mess about right now.

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Are all these visual changes effected by just the client update, or do we need to download the scenery too??
Not really sure since I did the full install. The stars might be considered effects, so that might fall under Content? Might be better to ask at the P3D forum.

_ME2_
Airman First Class

Post by _ME2_ »

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Look into the release notes: https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2018/11/114948/ (scrol down a bit).

Here it is indicated which of the improvements are part of the client, the content and the scenery.
Most of it is in the client but there are updates to the content (mainly the new Carenado plane) and the scenery, too.
It's best to read through it and then decide, what you need.

Cheers, Mike
Cherockee 180 / Comanche 250 / Constellation L049

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thanks gentlemen. I'll take a look at that link, but it sounds like I will just be doing a client update for now. I doubt I'd ever fly the Carenado plane :wink:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

woody901
Airman First Class

Post by woody901 »

patful wrote:Those engine sounds when switching views, though... :( Wish I had waited to install, bet another fix is around the corner.

I thought I was having frame rate problems, but it turned out to be an Orbx Traffic setting, so I'm actually getting about 5 fps better than with v4.3. :D
Lockheed have posted a quick fix for the sound issues on their forums.....
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&start=15
it involves adding a line to the cfg file in the sound section.

It works for me and a few other posters on the forums. Give it a try.

Mick wood
ImageImageImageImage

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Works for me too. Thanks, Mick!

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

I got to test out Accu-Feel in v4.4 today. I did a flight from KTNP-KBZN. Initially my accu-feel sounds were present during my taxi out and departure. I believe the wind noises were present at cruise altitude but on arrival I had no drag noises, and no tire noises when I landed. I also had no thumps when taxiing, and when I shut down and opened the cabin door there was no wind noise. I did check the outside wind and it was 6 knots so there should have been noises present. I’ll do a few more flights but I just wanted to let the A2A team know of my findings..

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Seems like there's a bit less friction on the ground; the airplane starts rolling with less power application than before.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”