VC Raindrops in FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Bobr2
Airman Basic

VC Raindrops in FSX

Post by Bobr2 »

Will you ever make it so that the FSX aircraft will have VC Raindrops?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: VC Raindrops in FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no the advanced rain effects are not possible in FSX. All we could do in FSX is re-introduce the old low quality FS2004 effects that MS took out of FSX due to performance reasons and this resource issue is why we never used this old effect on our FSX aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Out of curiousity, how much impact would adding old FS2004 rain into FSX have today more than a decade after FSX's original release?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Bobr2
Airman Basic

Post by Bobr2 »

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

As another post was titled, FSX looks to be saying to itself “Je Suis Mort” or I Am Dead :(

I’m still on FSX (Steam) but all signs point that it might be time to switch to P3D. I’ve been reluctant for fear of decreased performance but maybe that’s not the case since it’s now 64-bit and still in active development. Another point of reluctance has been the cost of filling an empty hangar with new A2A aircraft for P3D to replace my FSX fleet.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Make the switch. It’s time especially with the rain effects and pbr. Nothing says you have to chose only 1. I use fsx p3d x plane11 depending on my mood or what and where I want to fly
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm on a flight sim hiatus at the moment but P3D is in my near future plans. That said, I'm very content with FSX:SE, raindrops or not. I was simply curious because when FSX was released more than a decade ago it was designed for future PCs more than the then-state of the art systems. It seems to me that adding FS2004 rain effects wouldn't be as taxing today as even five years ago, but the conventional wisdom to not include it persists.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I am also interested in what kind of resource hit raindrops would make in FSX. My biggest concern these days is the impact on VAS memory usage. The A2A aircraft I have are remarkable well behaved in this regard.

I suspect the raindrop processing may be at least partially built into Prepar3D v4, and you wouldn't need to be worried about VAS in any case. :)

Hook

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”