Re: P3Dv4.4 Installation Problem

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

I have had a heck of a time getting v4.4 on and replacing v4.3

Not sure it's put to bed, but I see that my A2A aircraft did not carry over into the library. Should I delete them and reinstall from scratch? (Commanche and C182).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you have gone the full install route then yes you will need to reinstall.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Zentinger,

Please can you let us know which directory you used when installing your A2A add-ons for Prepar3D v4?

Generally speaking, a full install shouldn't be necessary following the change from P3D v4.3 to 4.4, but if you performed a clean installation of Prepar3D, the sim's "add-ons.cfg" files will have been deleted.

This shouldn't be a problem if you installed to the default directory ("Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons") because the simulator will automatically detect any add-ons in this folder when it's launched and give you the option to enable them. However, if you installed your A2A fleet to a different custom location, you should find that reinstalling just one of them will rebuild the "add-ons.cfg" file and restore the entire fleet.

However, if you do this, you must make sure that you select the correct original installation path when reinstalling.

Thanks,
Nick

Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

Thanks for the advice. To be safe- I will uninstall the A2A aircraft and reinstall...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”