EASYIEST way to update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
EverSeen
Airman Basic

EASYIEST way to update

Post by EverSeen »

As with most simmers I have add-ons coming out my ears and keeping them updated and current is an admin nightmare with countless sites to keep an eye on

most have started to release updater apps but those who have yet too how do you check your versions are updated.

THAT SAID

Dose A2A have any plans to make an updater with all owned aircraft can be updated via one app?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: EASYIEST way to update

Post by Skycat »

Download and run the AccuSim updater program. It checks for what products you have installed, and then uses the internet to update those products to the most current version.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

RALF9636
Airman

Post by RALF9636 »

I just wanted to open a similar topic so please let me chime in here.

When I try to install that updater it tells me that it is not working for P3D V4 aircraft.

So, how to update my C182 for P3D 4.4?

My problem is that I bought it an Simmarket and on my account there the downloadable version is still 18.4.22.0.
Also I don't have the "Check for updates" entry in my start menu - I assume that came with a later version.

Is it possible to download that "Check for updates" app for the C182 somewhere?
Or do you know anything about when the newest version will be available on my Simmarket account?

Thanks for your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

EverSeen wrote:As with most simmers I have add-ons coming out my ears and keeping them updated and current is an admin nightmare with countless sites to keep an eye on

most have started to release updater apps but those who have yet too how do you check your versions are updated.

THAT SAID

Dose A2A have any plans to make an updater with all owned aircraft can be updated via one app?
It's certainly possible in future EverSeen. Which sim platfrom are you currently using?
RALF9636 wrote: I just wanted to open a similar topic so please let me chime in here.

When I try to install that updater it tells me that it is not working for P3D V4 aircraft.

So, how to update my C182 for P3D 4.4?

My problem is that I bought it an Simmarket and on my account there the downloadable version is still 18.4.22.0.
Also I don't have the "Check for updates" entry in my start menu - I assume that came with a later version.

Is it possible to download that "Check for updates" app for the C182 somewhere?
Or do you know anything about when the newest version will be available on my Simmarket account?

Thanks for your help.
Welcome to the A2A forums Ralf.

Version 18.4.22.0 of the C812 for P3Dv4 should have the "check for updates" icon. If it doesn't, have you checked to see if some overzealous anti-virus software quarantined it during installation? If this icon is definitely missing, please can you just confirm which icons are currently present in the A2A folder in the Start Menu?

Thanks,
Nick

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

I'm having a similar problem. I bought a few A2A aircraft through fspilotshop.com and it looks like they don't have up-to-date versions for the 182 & Texan. Should they have updated by now?

I also have a question about purchases done through my store account here. I bought the Comanche and Civilian Mustang here but the Comanche doesn't have any "update" entry in the start menu - it's only there for the Mustang. Should I download and reinstall the Comanche?

I'm on P3D v4.2 and not sure if I'll move to v4.4 so this isn't really to get the rain effects, just any updates, fixes etc. that have come out since I bought these aircraft.

Dan M
Dan M

RALF9636
Airman

Post by RALF9636 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Welcome to the A2A forums Ralf.

Version 18.4.22.0 of the C812 for P3Dv4 should have the "check for updates" icon. If it doesn't, have you checked to see if some overzealous anti-virus software quarantined it during installation? If this icon is definitely missing, please can you just confirm which icons are currently present in the A2A folder in the Start Menu?

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks a lot for your super fast help!

I reinstalled 18.4.22.0 and now the "check for updates" worked! So something must have gone wrong on my previous installation.
I could update to the newest version and can now enjoy the rainy weather! :-)

Thanks again!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

RALF9636 wrote:Thanks a lot for your super fast help!

I reinstalled 18.4.22.0 and now the "check for updates" worked! So something must have gone wrong on my previous installation.
I could update to the newest version and can now enjoy the rainy weather!

Thanks again!
You're very welcome Ralf! Happy to hear that you've successfully updated, and hope you enjoy the rain effects.
Dan M wrote:I'm having a similar problem. I bought a few A2A aircraft through fspilotshop.com and it looks like they don't have up-to-date versions for the 182 & Texan. Should they have updated by now?

I also have a question about purchases done through my store account here. I bought the Comanche and Civilian Mustang here but the Comanche doesn't have any "update" entry in the start menu - it's only there for the Mustang. Should I download and reinstall the Comanche?

I'm on P3D v4.2 and not sure if I'll move to v4.4 so this isn't really to get the rain effects, just any updates, fixes etc. that have come out since I bought these aircraft.
Hi Dan - welcome too.

As regards those purchases from FSPilotShop, please can you just confirm the exact filename of the .exe file, and if possible its file version number?

For your P3Dv4 purchases direct from A2A, please check out the information in this announcement. We launched a new webstore in May, so if you originally purchased the Comanche from the old one, there's a short Google form to fill out so that Lewis can transfer your purchases to the new store, where you'll be able to download the new installers. If you do this, you'll also be awarded some retrospective 'A2A Flying Hours' (loyalty points) for your past purchase(s) which you can put towards the cost of any future ones.

Thanks,
Nick

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

Thanks for the reply Nick. Here's what I was able to dig up.

From fspilotshop.com, the file names I have are C182_P3Dv4_Professional.EXE and T-6_P3Dv4_Professional.EXE. Their site says they last updated both files on June 15, 2018. Unfortunately I can't see version numbers, either on their site or in my downloaded files. If it helps, the downloaded (extracted) folders are ATS-180 and ATS-225.

For my A2A store purchases, I do have an account set up on the new store already. I bought the Comanche on May 27 of this year and the Mustang on October 1. There are points showing for my account.
Dan M

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thank you for the additional info Dan.

You should be able to verify the version number of these file by hovering the cursor over them and reading the information in the box which pops up.

If this info shows "Version 1.0.0.0" it's definitey the old installer. Note that the newer installers also display with the A2A logo as pictured above.

If possible, could you confirm this version number for the C182, T-6 and Comanche? (Or just whether the .exe file has the A2A logo.)

Thanks,
Nick

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

Thanks Nick. All three of my installer files show "version 1.0.0.0" and none have the logo.

I assume I could just download the Comanche again from my A2A store account and reinstall it.

For the C182 and T-6: fspilotshop.com shows theirs as updated in June, but that wouldn't be the most up-to-date version, would it?
Dan M

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Dan,

Yes, for the Comanche, if you re-download this file from our new web store, you should get the version shown above, 18.4.22.0 which will include the inbuilt updater.

For your FSPilotShop purchases, it does look as though they haven't updated these files on their store, assuming these are copies you downloaded from your account recently? If so, I'll ask Lewis to contact them about this matter.

Best regards,
Nick

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

I guess the dates threw me. My files from the other store weren't recent downloads. I just assumed the June revisions on their site meant they wouldn't be up to date...but of course the installer versions were. So after downloading and installing new copies of the C182 and T-6 they did run through a final update which includes the rain effects.

I'm sure the Comanche will be fine too once I get a chance to download and reinstall it.

Thanks for your help in getting it all sorted out Nick - much appreciated.
Dan M

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Dan. You're very welcome.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”