Real Life Adventures

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Real Life Adventures

Post by Bruce66 »

I don't spend all my time flying in the simulator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVL6Wre0rL0

I wish I could have more adventures like that one.

I have also started a YouTube Channel to share some of my simulated flying experiences:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9cOwP ... subscriber

I haven't featured any A2A Airplanes yet - I was hoping to improve my craft (and flying ability) a bit before I attempt an Accu-Sim airplane. I will post them in the forums when I make any videos of flights in A2A Aircraft.

I hope some of you will find this interesting!
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Real Life Adventures

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Bruce, it looks like you are recording the monitor rather than recording the screen?

The software to correctly screen record has several great free options. Well worth the looking into and things like OBS are not all that difficult to setup with plenty of tutorials and whatnot to help set up too on google and youtube. I think you'll find that your production value will shoot up as soon as you go to proper screen capturing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: Real Life Adventures

Post by Bruce66 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Bruce, it looks like you are recording the monitor rather than recording the screen?

The software to correctly screen record has several great free options. Well worth the looking into and things like OBS are not all that difficult to setup with plenty of tutorials and whatnot to help set up too on google and youtube. I think you'll find that your production value will shoot up as soon as you go to proper screen capturing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Yup you are absolutely right!

I tried three different free programs (FRAPS, OBS and I cant immediately remember the third) and I have the same problem with all of them - my system is obsolete! The video capture is either chopped up, slide show or very low quality.

So I had the choice (due to my budget absolutely NOT allowing an upgrade) of giving up on video or sharing with the all of you lovely people what can be achieved without the benefits of a decent computer.

I can get a decent flight sim experience out of my system with locked frame rates and moderate scenery as it is and I am lucky enough to have a half decent camera. The one thing I have invested in is the Thrustmaster Warthog and Siatek pedals so I can at least control the aircraft properly. The rest will have to wait until I win the lottery.

I look at it as retro! :D

And the response has been better than I anticipated so I will persevere for a bit longer with my sticks and duct tape.

Thanks for the response and the tips though. Its appreciated.

Edit: After reading your suggestion I went back to review my earlier testing. Sadly my computer can't handle screen capture whilst running FSX. The best result I could achieve was with FlashBack which gave me a very clear recording but only 8 frames per second.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”