GTN... F1 or RXP?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

GTN... F1 or RXP?

Post by MarcE »

Hi guys,

I've just read a bit about the RXP GTN 650 and 750 and would like to ask you about your opinions and experiences.

I have the Flight 1 version of the 650 and 750. My personal opinion was good at first but since P3Dv3.4 it has suffered a lot. I almost can't use the HOME and DCT buttons, the support concerning this issue over there is horrible and many features are not implemented. However I don't see any impact on the performance on my side.

Can you tell me a bit about your experiences with the RXP version? Would it be worth a "repurchase" of the GTNs as I REALLY like the devices and really don't want to miss them in my A2A GA fleet. I see that the RXPs are not (yet) implemented into the A2A fleet except for the Bonanaza which can handle it.

@A2A: do you plan to implement the RXP GTN series into your fleet?

cheers and thanks,
Marc

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: GTN... F1 or RXP?

Post by n421nj »

I have the f1 gtn650/750. They work great with the exception of the antivirus quarantine from time to time. The fact that they are A2a ready to go right out of the box is a plus. On the 650 can’t switch between com and nav in Vc have to open 2d panel to click secret spot. Only bad thing I can say not sure if rxp has same issue. I use the saitek radio panel so not a big deal for me
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: GTN... F1 or RXP?

Post by MarcE »

If I remember correctly you can change COM/NAV with the middle mouse button (3) on the freq dial knob. =) But yes, the ready-to-use situation is a big plus indeed. However it seems the RXP uses a newer Garmin software and a more modern database.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”