FSX vs. FSX SE

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Pbob1000
Airman

FSX vs. FSX SE

Post by Pbob1000 »

Hi. I currently have FSX SE and have bought the Bonanza and Comanche for FSX SE. Will they work if I go to the boxed version of FSX Deluxe edition or do I have to buy all new aircraft?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX vs. FSX SE

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
FSXA or FSX with SP1 and 2 is more or less the same as FSXSE , so the A2A aircraft for FSX should work for the ones mentioned .
regards alan. 8)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

FSX:SE is essentially a slightly updated version of FSX Gold (ie, FSX Deluxe and Acceleration). There isn't much reason to revert to the boxed version. That said, FSX aircraft work with either version.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes they will work fine however as mentioned, thats a downgrade for your sim, SE edition includes everything in disc version + the expansion pack + a whole heap of other 'little' fixes that essentially make it updated 2.5.

Unlike disc edition, its also supported.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Pbob1000
Airman

Post by Pbob1000 »

Thanks, guys! The reason I'm considering going "back" is because I want to get into scenery development and the Steam version doesn't support SBuilderX313 or ADE. I downloaded SP2 and it said I needed to install SP1 first. I tried to install SP1a in my Steam files and it says I need the CD to install it. Kinda at a loss!

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Pbob1000 wrote:Thanks, guys! The reason I'm considering going "back" is because I want to get into scenery development and the Steam version doesn't support SBuilderX313 or ADE. I downloaded SP2 and it said I needed to install SP1 first. I tried to install SP1a in my Steam files and it says I need the CD to install it. Kinda at a loss!
I use ADE and SB with no issues. You only have to download and install the P3D 1.4 SDK to get up and running with scenery development. The FSX SDX won't work with the Steam version.
Ros

Pbob1000
Airman

Post by Pbob1000 »

Thanks! I'm going to try that now. i couldn't find 1.4. Will 3.4 be ok?

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Pbob1000 wrote:Thanks! I'm going to try that now. i couldn't find 1.4. Will 3.4 be ok?
Nope. You have to use the P3D 1.4 SDK to get things working.

Grab it here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resou ... 1-sdk.227/
Ros

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”