A2A Engine sounds corrupt P3d V4.4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Redvirago
Airman Basic

A2A Engine sounds corrupt P3d V4.4

Post by Redvirago »

I am beginning get quite frustrated with A2A Aircraft in P3Dv4.4. I have clean reinstalled the sim 3 times now as well as all my A2A aircraft. (Bonanza V 18.12.22.0 C182 V 18.12.31.0, Texan V18.12.22.0, Comanche V 18.12.31.0) The aircraft install and work just fine for a few hours, and then without any warning (no rhyme or reason) I load an A2A aircraft and the engine sounds like a sewing machine with no volume. All the other switches\GTN 750 \ Avionics \ environmental sounds, etc sound normal with normal volume. The issue does not happen with any of the stock L.M aircraft or PMDG products (737, 777, 747). When the issue does happen I can exit the corrupt A2A plane and load any other plane from any other developer and they all work fine. I am loading the stock L.M. Mooney cold and dark before loading A2A. Another thing that is happening is when the issue rears it's ugly head, for some reason the A2A aircraft loads up with engine running even though I shut down to cold and dark, and switch back to default Mooney before shutting down P3D. Once this issue happens all is lost. No amount of rebooting or restarting the sim will help. Not even reinstalling the A2A products. The only fix that works (for a few hours) is to start from scratch with a clean install of P3D V4.4. I never had this problem with V4.1,2,3. Just V4.4. I am tired of being a beta tester, I just want to fly the planes I have purchased.

Nvidia GTX 980, Chaseplane, GTN complete, Orbx, FSUIPC 5

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A Engine sounds corrupt P3d V4.4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Redvirago,

Sorry to hear you're having some problems, but we'd always encourage customers to ask for help before getting to the stage where they resort to drastic measures such as reinstalling the host sim.

In your case, please can you clarify if it's the internal or external engine sounds which are affected? Also, have you tried to reproduce the problem without Chaseplane running? I think in this case, Chaseplane could be related to this issue. Not sure if you've seen this information on their forum, but it may shed some light on the issue.

Hard to say why the aircraft would load with the engine running despite having been shut down, but again, third-party software would be one possibility. For example, Windows utilities such as antivirus software which could prevent data being written to log.dat files. One thing you could try is deleting the "Documents\A2A\FSX" directory where these files are stored in case they've become corrupted. This will force the creation of new ones, but please bear in mind that if you do this, you'll lose any accrued engine hours from your A2A fleet.

Thanks,
Nick

Redvirago
Airman Basic

Post by Redvirago »

Hey Nick thanks for the quick reply:

Some guys are just too stubborn to ask questions. I'm an old guy and forums tend to intimidate me.

The issue I'm experiencing is when I am in the internal VC view. It doesn't seem to be affecting the external views. I have not tried disabling Chaseplane when the issue happens, but I will try this the next time it happens.

I read the information that you linked me to on the Oldprop forum. It seemed to be an issue with the Majestic Q400 which is running perfectly on my sim. I noticed the date was back in 2017, and I didn't get the Q400 until recently, so Majestic had already made a fix.

I will also try deleting the "Document\A2A\FSX" directory the next time this happens. I'm not too worried about losing my engine hours. Who doesn't like to fly a brand new plane!?!?!

Again thank you for your quick reply

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Do you keep the aircraft where they were installed, or did you move them afterwards?
I had the same problem, no sound in VC view, and I installed everything numerous times, but I moved them afterwards (my C: drive is too small). Uninstall and delete everything A2A related, but really EVERYTHING, (and you will find them all over the place), then start and shut down P3D, install them where you want and try again. It works so far for me (since yesterday..), fingers crossed!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Redvirago
Airman Basic

Post by Redvirago »

I install them to the default location with only changing the drive letter where all my addons live. P3D is on its own 500gb SSD (drive F) Addons are on a 1TB SSD (drive E) Win 7 64 is on A 250GB SSD (drive C). No I have not moved any files after installation.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”