At what time, do you prefer to fly?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

At what time, do you prefer to fly?

Poll ended at 13 Jan 2019, 10:02

I prefer flying at dawn.
33%
I prefer day time flying.
58%
I prefer flights at dusk.
4%
I prefer night flights.
4%

Total votes: 24

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: At what time, do you prefer to fly?

Post by AKar »

My favorites are flights that either begin or end in darkness, or in case of GA flying, in twilight.

FSX/P3D doesn't properly do the lightning conditions at higher latitudes in summer time, at least not with any sky textures I've tried so far. In reality, the night that never goes dark has its own atmosphere as well.

-Esa

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Haven't simed in probably 3 months, but my favorite times were just before dusk (5pm local) to just before dark (7pm)... The sunset views we're always my favorite thing as shown by the profile pic...Using real time as well.

With work it makes hitting that time virtually impossible especially with the time change back in November.

I tried night flying it was okay but after a while I got tired to not seeing anything but a black screen so I basically quit...the days are starting to get longer and I'm seeing some sunlight after 5:30 so it won't be much longer.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Thank you for voting in my little poll guys. I catch myself flying mostly during the day, using real world weather.
Like some of you mentioned here, I also like the beautiful light conditions at dawn or sunset.

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Gehairelr
Airman Basic

Post by Gehairelr »

I prefer day time flying

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Whenever I am awake....grin

Tom

new reply