Accusim Sound Menu request

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Accusim Sound Menu request

Post by MarcE »

Hi A2A guys =)

I love the updates you've pushed for the last couple of weeks! However I have a rather annoying issue with this menu. As you know we have to restart the simulator every time we change the Accusim playback device. Now to me this means whenever I change between the Oculus Rift, the headset or the speakers I first have to start a flight in P3D, change the device, shut down P3D and start it again. So this means almost every time as sometimes I prefer a warbird (VR) or I fly at night (neighbours/girlfriend) or during daytime (gimme that surrouuuuund bass :D). With a simulator holding about 150GB of addons this takes a good eight to ten minutes until I am able to fly A2A aircraft.

Wouldn't it be possible to create a little tool like the aircraft configurators that links to Accusim and sets the sound outside of P3D before starting it? Or do the inflight menu without the need to restart? Of course I don't know how Accusim works compared to the way for example PMDG or FSLabs operate their sounds but both can change the playback devices in "real time" from the CDU sound menu. It would be great if this could be made a little more handy. In the past, iirc, the sound was linked to the default sound device and was simply switched when another device was set as default in windows prior to loading P3D.

Thanks
Marc

PS: I upgraded to a 4k TV screen today (from 1920x1080p)... oh boy, that Bonanza looks INCREDIBLE in 4k!!!!

EDIT: Forget it guys, I've just tried and reloaded the airplane after changing the device. This made it too :D Thanks for such a great little feature =)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”