Computer network angst

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Computer network angst

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I was enjoying playing a fun little PC game and almost finished it when one of my pet cats walked around my entertainment center in the front room and stepped on the power switch of the power strip shutting several things off and ruining my game.Once the cat did that and it shut off a table lamp it quickly ran to hide.
So I decided to order a better surge protector power strip with double the plug outlets (12) and it had the power switch on the side so it would be unlikely
for one of the cats to accidentally shut it off again.

O.K at 5 pm I went about to replace the power strip in a different room as in addition the new one had surge protection for Ethernet and coaxial cable as well as for landline phone too.
That bedroom had my cable modem and a wireless router in addition to having another computer desk with computers.
It had a good surge protection power strip also with 12 outlets though it lacked the Ethernet protection ports.
This is the one that I transferred into my living room with the old power strip not having any surge protection and the power button on the top of it.
I was glad to put that old power strip away.

Anyway for 6 hours with much angst,frustration and misery I finally got everything working.
The ordeal shouldn't have been 6 hours it should have been only say 2 hours but it was over a 6 hour time frame ouch.
But I had to test everything for another hour so I didn't get to sleep until maybe 2 am
I had somehow apparently put a Ethernet cable in the wireless router in the wrong port and by this most of all my dozen computers,tablets,smartphone,Amazon Echo shows etc didn't connect up to the Internet it was so frustrating and grueling to finally find the source of the problem.
For hours I thought that I had caused an electrical problem (short) and damaged my wireless router and powered Ethernet cable port splitters. :x
It was something that made me so distraught that I could have had another heart attack from it and anxiety like that can do that. :cry:
Even my cats in the other room went into hiding as they could sense my frustration for hours.
I wasn't mad at them and I never yell at them even if they do break something.
When I am relaxed they are too.
My cats go into hiding if any of my friends show up at my house.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”