An A2A DC-3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: An A2A DC-3

Post by Hook »

I'd vote for a Beaver as well. My current installation of the flight sim has almost as many hours on the Aerosoft BeaverX as the next two aircraft put together, and one of them is the MJ C-47.

I have the Milviz version. I prefer the Aerosoft one. The Milviz Beaver is pretty, but A2A could do much better... on every part of the aircraft. Milviz has lots of features though.

Hook

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Hey folks,

I decided to fly my next livestream in the DC-3 and I really liked it!!! I will definitely fly it again in the future, I was expecting it to have something similar to the sperry autopilot but gradually realised all the flight controls and more are stashed in the 2d panel. All in all a fantastic addon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHu9L4N ... nbk0h00410
ImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Have only had time to skim your livestream (after the fact, on YouTube, as usual for me) - glad to see you're enjoying the Dak. When you get a chance, give the interactive checklists a try - lots more fun than an autostart. And with crew you'll get the whole Ernie and Nancy vibe... 8)

Sperry autopilot is planned for the future, though there's no timeframe as yet. It won't work exactly like the one in the Connie - more like the version in the Flight Replicas DC-4 series.

For a completely different challenge - the new Ground Controlled Approach feature was just released today. It's in the Sim Outhouse library under new releases, and you can read some background here.

Enjoy!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Bruce66 wrote:
Paul K wrote:I think A2A should do the DHC-2 Beaver. No matter what people's preferences are - tubeliners, military, GA, vintage or modern - everyone loves the DHC-2. Of all aircraft, past and present, it's the one that would appeal most widely, I think. :)
Whilst agreeing with you I will drift off into fantasy...

Wouldn't it be interesting to see developers make co-operative efforts - like A2A upgrading the very nice MilViz Beaver to A2A standards? Save some work perhaps (he says who knows nothing!)?
A2A upgrading the whole Carenado fleet :mrgreen:
I'd take out a loan to pay for this

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Hi Alan,

Looks fascinating!!
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

When I used to fly the B377 I always thought it was a bit too big. I wished a twin engine radial, the DC-3 would have been the perfect airplane. Later on I flew the B-17, it is a little smaller than the B377/B29, but still has four engines. I still wished I had a twin passenger transporter, preferably the DC-3. I simply love the DC-3 for its/her history, beauty, performance, spirit... you get it.

Then Manfred Jahn released the C-47 and I was in love. There are some things I would love to see improved by A2A, but we know, it's not much and hey, this masterpiece is freeware! Where do we get such a quality for the cost of a download? The Zibo 737.. I don't see anything else. Just as I am typing I realize that Accufeel is missing to the C-47.. I guess I'll grab it right after sending this :D

Still, anyway, I miss a "big" twin from A2A. It really IS missing. There's the small twin that hopefully will come in 2019 to supplement the A2A GA fleet. But still, these radials have the character I miss at those Lycomings or Rotax'. And there's absolutely nothing (beside the C-47, yes) that fits into this niche in P3D. I've run the C-47 at max throttle for ages and nothing ever has happened, I wouldn't be able to do that with the A2A B-17 or the AT-6. Again, you get my point.

I wouldn't ask A2A to do a DC-3 anymore, Manfred's C-47 is absolutely what I was asking for. But still, A2A is A2A and it feels even more alive, Accusim is really hard to explain. A Beech 18 for example would be just incredible, no doubt. Or anything else that is comparable in size, usage, age...

Cheers =)
Marc

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I would love to see the Beech 18 also, what a beauty to be able to have in the hangar and made all that much more special with that A2A touch. :D
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Any twin engine cargo plane would be awesome. Fairchild c-123 would be most welcomed
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I'm buying if they're my passengers and crew.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

This thread got me curious about the MJ C-47/DC-3/RD-4/C-117 et al, so I downloaded them all. I must admit it is a nice airplane but it is not accusim by any means, though it looks and flies well. I could not remove the chocks for some reason so I just took off with them sticking out of the bottom of the wheel wells, and yes I used the panel and they still would not come off. The first time I flew it it worked fine but I downloaded a repaint and that was when I noticed it wasn't working. It is a great airplane but I would still love to see an Accusim C-74/DC-3/RD-4, and maybe one day a BT-67.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

@ImpendingJoker - the issue with the chocks is rare but it's come up in the past. Have a look at this thread - start with the first linked post and then read down. See if the suggested procedures work for you. If not, you can try posting or PM'ing Manfred (mjahn) on Sim Outhouse. Or if you'd like, I can try to bring it to his attention. Let me know.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

OK - there is no substitute for Accu-Sim. That is a given. However, I gotta say, I would rather fly with Bernie in a FS 2004 Cessna 172 than in my A2A Connie with that groaning co-pilot that Scott and the boys gave us! Plus, Nancy the stewardess is a bonus! We've flown the C-47 into some pretty crazy places, and Nancy always manages to have a good time.

The ultimate would be this (it'll never happen): 1) A2A makes a deal with MJ to hire Ernie and Nancy to fly in the A2A Connie; and 2) DC-3 Airways allow hours flown in the Connie to count as hours flown for DCA on their PIREPS.

Oh well.

Seeya
ATB

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

http://atsimulations.com/broussard

a nice addon to check !

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Some news - not A2A news, but still news - about Convairs.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”