Rest of the War Birds for P3Dv4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Rest of the War Birds for P3Dv4

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

SeattleSleeper wrote:
JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:Beautiful screenshots Jankees (jcblom).

To the OP SeattleSleeper you probably live close to me since I am in Tacoma
Actually, I'm on the other side of the country. :) My father flew for the 91st BG in WWII. His A/C was B-17G #43-37913, "Seattle Sleeper" which was shot down on Nov. 26th, 1944. Dad was pulled from that mission to make way for a new CP to get some experience with an experienced combat crew. All crew survived, some POW and some evaded with the help of the Dutch underground. Dad went on to fly "Ramblin' Rebel" and B-17G, #43-38379 "Margie", for which Jan Kees did a super paint job (thanks JK!).
Thanks for the story about your father.
My father completed his last combat mission on November 11,1944.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

jcblom wrote:and the P-47 and B-17 do too, without the accusim

Imagejk7726

Imagejk7716

and as for using them without accusim, it's still better than not using them at all, since there are no B-17's or Razorbacks on the market that look as good as this (you can tell I'm a painter, right?). But then I wouldn't mind an update...
Haven't tried the cub yet
You say without accusim did you turn it off in the shift-3 panel because for example the B 17 is the accusim model and not the other one so accusim must've been installed
AKA "Memey"

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: You say without accusim did you turn it off in the shift-3 panel because for example the B 17 is the accusim model and not the other one so accusim must've been installed
Yes, it was installed, but I turn it off in the sim. It works reasonably with it on, but faultless with accu-off
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

jcblom wrote:
HE11DUDE04 wrote: You say without accusim did you turn it off in the shift-3 panel because for example the B 17 is the accusim model and not the other one so accusim must've been installed
Yes, it was installed, but I turn it off in the sim. It works reasonably with it on, but faultless with accu-off
Ah ok cool I will try this out
AKA "Memey"

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

jcblom wrote:Yes, it was installed, but I turn it off in the sim. It works reasonably with it on, but faultless with accu-off
Not for me. Accu-sim turned off or on, I could not get up any speed at all. The only way that it works for me, is to not install Accu-sim.

By contrast, the old FSX Spitfire worked well for me in v4, but not for others. So I reckon it's this inconsistency that is holding up conversion. Some are easier, while others require allot more work.

Steve.

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

I guess the bottom line is that even though A2A got its first sustaining revenue from the warbirds ( and related products) we bought in their early days, their focus has clearly shifted to the more lucrative GA market.

I wonder what the TAM of the GA is vs the warbirds market? Has to be better than 5:1.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

SeattleSleeper wrote:I guess the bottom line is that even though A2A got its first sustaining revenue from the warbirds ( and related products) we bought in their early days, their focus has clearly shifted to the more lucrative GA market.

I wonder what the TAM of the GA is vs the warbirds market? Has to be better than 5:1.
I think your right. Interest is literally dying out. The more time that passes, the less are left to remember or are even interested in the past.

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

SeattleSleeper wrote:I guess the bottom line is that even though A2A got its first sustaining revenue from the warbirds ( and related products) we bought in their early days, their focus has clearly shifted to the more lucrative GA market.

The P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire technology you can purchase for P3D4 on your home computer is the same that is being used right now to train actual Spitfire pilots in a full simulation down at Boultbee and was released and updated end of 2018. Contray to popular belief all our P3Dv4 warbirds are not 1:1 ports from the FSX counterparts.

We will be coming with more warbirds, they are in the loop there are plans in motion they will come and I will have news coming when I can share it.

You are 100% correct the historic warbird FS market is a small niche and the GA market is giant in comparison and the tube-liner market bigger again with little markets in between too.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I figured the number of posts in each aircraft's forum gives an idea about their popularity. That puts the P-40 at the bottom of the pack. A2A might have more incentive to offer warbirds if more people bought them. Of the P-51, Spit, and P-40, my favorite to fly? The P-40, and it's not even close. I guess folks prefer the other two for the glamour? Well, booooo!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire technology you can purchase for P3D4 on your home computer is the same that is being used right now to train actual Spitfire pilots in a full simulation down at Boultbee and was released and updated end of 2018. Contray to popular belief all our P3Dv4 warbirds are not 1:1 ports from the FSX counterparts.
I fully appreciate that. No complaints from me. It's just, hard to wait. :P
Lewis - A2A wrote:We will be coming with more warbirds, they are in the loop there are plans in motion they will come and I will have news coming when I can share it.
Can't come too soon. :)
Lewis - A2A wrote:You are 100% correct the historic warbird FS market is a small niche and the GA market is giant in comparison and the tube-liner market bigger again with little markets in between too.
Yeah. This doesn't make it easy. I like your GA. Not as much as the war-birds obviously, but tube-liners? Well, they don't really 'float my boat'.

Ho-hum!

Steve.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm really only here for the warbirds.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
The P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire technology you can purchase for P3D4 on your home computer is the same that is being used right now to train actual Spitfire pilots in a full simulation down at Boultbee and was released and updated end of 2018. Contray to popular belief all our P3Dv4 warbirds are not 1:1 ports from the FSX counterparts.

We will be coming with more warbirds, they are in the loop there are plans in motion they will come and I will have news coming when I can share it.

You are 100% correct the historic warbird FS market is a small niche and the GA market is giant in comparison and the tube-liner market bigger again with little markets in between too.

thanks,
Lewis
Oh, more warbirds? the B-25 would be a good choice (IMO), you can access several B-25's at WWII Weekend at MAAM. I'm planning a flight in one for this year. :D

Cheers,

Terry

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Skycat wrote:I'm really only here for the warbirds.
Agree 8)

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Me too!

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

jcblom wrote:
Did you have it installed in the directory and did you copy the files or install them in? I'm just trying to figure this out lol :D
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”