Upgrade to FSX/P3D Pro BUNDLE possible?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Upgrade to FSX/P3D Pro BUNDLE possible?

Post by sloppysmusic »

Hi to my equal favorite simplane developers!

Sometime maybe this year I may run a P3Dv4 Pro sim alongside my FSX SE sim. I notice in the pricing some planes have BUNDLE prices for FSX/P3D and some do not. It seems random to me but maybe there is logic afoot I do not yet know.

ALL PRICES HERE ARE ROUNDED UP - Take a buck off for actual prices. This is to make my math simpler!

ie the Comanche and Spitfire both have $99 bundles but the P-51 Civvy does not.

Q1) Is this just a store minor oversight or will the non-bundled planes that are compatible with both sims stay unbundled or have bundles later?
Q2) A plane I do NOT have yet such as the Bonanza I can spend $80 on the P3D only or for an extra 20 bucks to get the bundle (fair pricing IMO).
A plane I DO have such as the Comanche do I HAVE to buy the entirely separate P3D version for $80 or can I upgrade to the bundle price of $100 by paying the difference between the FX prioce and the full pro bundle price of $100-$50 =$50?

This would seem to be the fairest upgrade path where I am actually paying extra for the ability to use the plane in both sims instead of whining about my 'entitlement'. Is it POSSIBLE though?

i own the P51 Civ/Comanche/Cherokee/L049/T6/Cub planes. I think long term I would of course like them all in the same sim, like they are now of course, but maybe the other one. 5x$50 (approx i know they are different prices) =$250 for upgrades to bundles (if available). I could swallow that to get my planes across. Still a hefty sum but I (like many others) don't have a problem paying extra money when we perceive it's fair.

5 x $80=$400 is a huge whack of money for 5 planes I have already used the heck out of and enjoyed posting many videos for. that still work great BTW. (not forgetting the actual $200 PD pro price but that's not your fault of course!)

So is the pro bundle (or academic for others) upgrade possible now or in the future? I have not purchased a plane from you or PMDG for some time now because of this dilemma. I have managed to painfully avoid the Bonanza for so long for this reason why I still love my FSX. Excuse my ignorance if this is already possible and I have missed it.
Regards

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Upgrade to FSX/P3D Pro BUNDLE possible?

Post by bladerunner900 »

As you may have gathered from the recent threads, there is no 'upgrade' policy with A2A products from FSX to P3D. You will have to buy again at full price for their P3D v4 aircraft. The change to 64 bit has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.

If you are serious about switching to P3D, you can save allot of money by not buying the bundles. I switched during v2 and bought a bundle or two. Although it soon became apparent to me that there was no point. P3D is a better sim in my opinion and is still currently in development.

Steve.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Well I had no intention of buying bundles from scratch, that would be silly. I meant upgrading the purchases I already had to bundles. Obviously buying the planes all over again no discount is not going to happen when they already work fine in FSX. Just trying to make sense of these times is all.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If you bought from A2A direct then you are entitled to some 'flying hours'. These can be used to reduce the cost of new purchases from their site. More info here.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 23&t=63788

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can use the A2A Store flying hours for discounts towards future purchases, to help ease any move to a different platform.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

OK thanks you've answered my question. I won't be throwing my hard earned bonus points away on aircraft I already have. I'd rather just retire the A2A and PMDG planes I have and get new ones when they come out. It's a matter or principle. For the record I'm only trying to pay exactly the same as what you already have listed as the price for the bundles in the store. I want nothing for free. In the professional software world, where I own many thousands of $$$ of applications, they are called loyalty or competitive upgrades.
I'm saving those bucks for an entirely new A2A aircraft quite possibly a bundle, at the fair new customer price point not the unfair previous customer price point. A shame as the Mustang civvy is my favorite GA plane that I won't ever be seeing it if in years to come I ever decide to retire FSX. Thanks for your answers and clearing this issue up gents!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, sorry you feel this way but as mentioned your software still works in FSX and we are at no point asking anyone to pay again for stuff they already have. Otherwise you would be able to simply install and have working and supported the software you already own.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Well yeah it was worth asking. Gives me more of a reason never to go to p3d anyways. It's almost like you guys don't want us to I can respect that. (it's important to be able to put a positive spin on almost anything!)
I like having fun too much, Im not training to be a pilot and I respect EULAs too much. I hate watermarks too!
Still haven't decided what I'm gonna spend my loyalty points on. The T6 and P51 are my down right faves. I'd get another warbird but I've been spoilt by the accusim in those. The Bonanza looks great and state of the art but I already have the 2 Pipers. Maybe I will just wait for the twin I've been telling myself you will make one day... I need an Accusim Baron to finally move on from the old Real Air twins I still use for nostalgic reasons.
:)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”