WWII fighters install into FSX

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
DHR
Airman

WWII fighters install into FSX

Post by DHR »

Hi This is driving me crazy. I know its an old topic, I have searched through this forum and tried every solution, beginning with removing/repairing FSX Acceleration, using the FSX registry repair link, and nothing. I am getting the message, "FSX file is corrupt and....need to reinstall FSX.."
If I run the Registry repair, I get a message "Successfully installed into HKEY LOCAL MACHINE"..I cannot find the information as to what that means anywhere. I do have my FSX in a nonstandard place. it is on the C drive under "C:\FSX." All I want is my Zero back..!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: WWII fighters install into FSX

Post by Scott - A2A »

DHR,

The installer checks for these files to make sure it is looking at FSX:

%FSXINSTALL%\fsx.exe
%FSXINSTALL%\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45\aircraft.cfg
%FSXINSTALL%\eula.rtf

Sometimes 3rd party programs remove these files. Make sure something is there and the installer should run OK.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hi I found that the eula.rtf is missing..Is there anyway to replace that? And exactly what is it and where did it come from?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If that is all that is holding you up, can you 'create' a new RTF (Rich Text Format) document in Microsoft Word and then name it EULA? I have a copy of this in the main FSX folder and it is just the standard legal stuff that you agree to when you install the sim (ie, End User License Agreement).

There is also an EULA.dll and EULA.html in that folder. The HTML brings up an explorer page with all the same legalese. I don't know what the .dll does.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Thank you SkyCat! I have them installed. I made empty eula.rtf and .dll files, and it worked. Thanks again! and Thanks to Scott as well for your help, and making these great products.

ONELEGGED EAGLE
Airman Basic

Post by ONELEGGED EAGLE »

Hi men.
Time ago I’ve read this post… curiosity solely..
But now it’s my problem.-
Have a legal last FSX “Gold Edition”, Miami purchased last month.-
You know, includes all service-packs-
BUT: First, installer do not localize FSX in PC and after filled correct normal position (C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\FSX…) says It’s a non valid or corrupted copy.-
It’s not true and every all other aircraft, programs, etc, accept as a correct copy.-(really that’s true)
I need help…. Please

modelr
Airman

Post by modelr »

I couldn't get mine to install, either. FSX is installed on separate drive. Fixed registry with all the tricks, no good. Finally looking closely at what Scott said the installer looks for, I found my problem. I had renamed all my aircraft folders, because I have so many of the same planes by different authors, putting their initials in front of the folder names, thus making it easier for me to differentiate. Sooo, my Lear45 folder became MSFS Lear45. I made an empty folder named Lear45 and made an empty text file, renamed it to aircraft.cfg, and voila! My installer worked!

Scott, just to make it easier, could you have a simple help thread on top, showing what the installers are looking for? Are all your installers looking for the same thing, or is each one different? I have not installed ALL of my downloads/purchases, and 99% of them install without major problems. A2A's are the worst. Not complaining, I understand the need for anti-piracy protection. Just saying that since very few of us anymore have a default installation, this gets very frustrating.

Thanks,
Don

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Rather than start a new topic on this subject.

I myself have been fighting this issue for better than a year.

I have the Shockwave boxed version of Wings of Power II WWII Fighters Special Edition with a gold seal on the box FSX Compatible.I've even added screenshots of the errors trying to install the product.I even point the installer to where my FSX is which is on my F:\FSX\.drive.My FSX is not corrupt,and never was.

I've always received negitive responses to my requests about this product,over the past year to year and a half.

I can't understand why A2A can't come up with some kind of tutorial,as to how to get the above product installed on a different drive.Or maybe come up with some kind of a downloadable fix to cure this issue.

I want these planes back,what ever it takes.I paind for it etc.

George Kuhn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

George, this isnt to do with a different drive but rather missing files from FSX or renamed from default FSX installation. Here is Scotts post from this very thread of what the installer looks for;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 53#p198254

You can create these files if they are missing and fool the installer into installing, the common error users get is if the EULA is missing, or as people have posted in this thread if users have edited the default install such as removing or renaming default aircraft etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Thanks Lewis.

I now have the WWII Fighters Special Edition Boxed version for FS9/FSX installed.Know that I have it installed,it leads me to my next question.Since there are five planes with the boxed version:
A6M5 Zero
BF109E
P-47D20
P-51D
Spitfire MK1

Where can I get what ever the patches/fixes/updates, were for this boxed version??.Unless they were for each of the planes in this boxed version.

I'm wanting to get the planes up to date,so to speak.I don't want to start adding paints,until I figure out,if there are updates/patches and fixes.It's been so long.I don't know if there were any updates for these planes etc?.

If there are any.Maybe someone here could guide me to the updates,if any etc.I won't be getting involved in accu-sim with this product,if there was an accu-sim for it.

THX

George Kuhn
Last edited by George Kuhn on 21 Sep 2012, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here you go George;

http://a2asimulations.com/product_updates.html

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Is this the only update I need to be concerned with:A2A WW2 Fighters Pack - v1.2 update?.

I've been viewing numerous threads with in the WWII Fighters topic section.I'm seeing other updates for each of the planes,that are within the boxed version.I just got reinstalled.The same planes can be bought as stand alones.It seems the update's are more related to the stand alone planes.So I'm wondering if other updates I'm seeing are for both,the stand alone's and the WWII Fighters Pack(Boxed version).Nothing to do with the v1.2 update?.

I clicked your link provided.in the section were I saw the A2A WW2 Fighters Pack - v1.2 update.There is an update for four different planes,within the same section,which are for FS9.Do I need these as well?.

The threads I'm viewing are quite old etc.

George Kuhn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

George,

There isn't much or any difference between the WWII Fighters CD and SOLO versions of the WoP2 Spitfire, BF109, P-47 and P-51. The SOLO versions actually were released after the CD so if you have the CD you certainly won't go wrong with adding the update(s).

The FSX update patches in each of those aircraft's forum are to make the original models (made to FS9 and early FSX standard) more compatible to FSX SP2/Acceleration as well as whatever other improvements are listed for the patch.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

As a note.

My FSX Version is the Boxed FSX Gold Edition which includes the acceleration Epansion Pack(3 CD's).

I will be adding the main update version v1.2 for my WWII Fighters Pack.

As far as all the numerous updates for each of the planes,I'm seeing.Is there any particular order any of the updates I find,should be installed?.

I'm assuming SkyCat.You are saying,when I see any updates for these four planes,weather it be for FS9 or FSX.It's doesn't matter.Just install them correct??.

I think you mentioned as well.The Solo planes and the WWII Fighters Boxed version,are the same planes anyway?.

I just don't want to be in a can of worms,when I go take one of the planes for a ride so to speak.

THX

George Kuhn

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I was just running the v1.2 for my boxed version.I'm not sure what its asking.I have to select either A or B etc.

It is asking a question to select either:
A)CD version 1.1 (FSX on Game Box)
B)CD version 1.0 (no FSX on Game Box)

Which one should I be selecting,before I continue with the v1.2 installation?

George Kuhn

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”