broken prop, spitfire 3 cannot gain access to hanger

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
original aviator
Airman Basic

broken prop, spitfire 3 cannot gain access to hanger

Post by original aviator »

hi, i have read the manual, i have sp2 and accelerators, i have pressed shift and 7, and every other button as well, still no access to the hanger, no 2d screen appears, i have checked the transparency slider on both ends of the scale, and still nothing. any ideas please.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: broken prop, spitfire 3 cannot gain access to hanger

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first thing to check is if you own the Accu-sim pack for the Spitfire. Then to ask if the 2d panels work for any of your other aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

original aviator
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis, i dont have any other aircraft that have 2d related images, so i cannot tell, all my hangar aircraft only have virtual cockpits, what i have noticed is a very,very briefest glimpse of what maybe the maintenance hangar when i press shift 7. but it goes so fast i cannot be sure, if i press it again, the effect does not reoccur. i am using a triple head screen, but even if i drop it to single screen, the hangar doesnt appear. the Spitfires by a2a, are wonderful, and i would love them to continue flying. lol cheers Des

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

99% of aircraft have 2d pop ps including the default aircraft. The default keys are shift +1-9 to bring them up.

thanks,
Lewis

original aviator
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis, By using shift 1 /9, all the other aircraft have pop ups on my system, but when in a2a spitfire 3, and from the virtual cockpit, non are shown. you can scroll through outside views etc, by pressing S on the keyboard, or using the buttons on the joystick etc, but no 2d screen pop ups from the a2a Spit

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie great. In that case it sounds like your FSX is corrupt and isn't actually correctly updated, in particular in the simconnect areas. Which might make sense as in your first post you mention SP2 and Acceleration expansion pack, but only one of these should be installed. Did you install both?

thanks,
Lewis

original aviator
Airman Basic

hi Lewis
i have looked into my control panel, and it only states that SP2 is on, near that entry, i have FSX and above that, i have the sim connect client you mentioned, I cannot find any trace of SP1 listed. I also had the PC search for SP1, but it came up empty, So no other means of accelerators being used. The SP2 version is 10.0.61472.0

Cheers Des

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok, you will want to run a repair on your FSX then, something has gone wrong that is preventing the correct SP2 features from working.

thanks,
Lewis

original aviator
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis, Thanks for the advice, is this an easy thing to do ?, as i have NO idea how to repair FSX with this fault, i would really like to purchase the Texan, but if this will eventually end up with the same kind of problem, i will have to shy away from a2a products, which will be a shame, as they are very good, maybe it would be nice, if they did a variant which isn't reliant on access to this 2d hanger, and for the few users that come across this problem, only to find eventually, that all Spitfires will eventually become unusable, and at around thirty quid or so, it is a lot of dosh to throw away, so any pointers as to how fix this problem would be great, it is strange how all the other aircraft have easy access to 2d panels and not A2A Spitfires.

thanks again Des.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Des,

the issue is that your installation is corrupt, its not an issue with our software and could affect all of your add-ons eventually so best to get fixed before it goes from just affecting your Spitfire to any other add-on you purchase that was made post FSX SP2 and makes use of those features. If I was you I would first run SP2 again and force a correct installation. Remember to restart your system afterwards.

thanks,
Lewis

original aviator
Airman Basic

Hi thanks for the info, I will give this a try, I hope that this corrupt file, does not infiltrate the other aircraft and 2d screens, which at the moment are all working normally, apart from, that is, the A2A 2d maintenance hanger. Windows 10 has been a nightmare, when configuring things like Saitek etc, which enables me to use external hardware alongside FSX, all ok now, I hasten to add, I don't know if this problematic Windows 10 platform would play a part. Bring back XP, that platform was a good as gold.

Getting back to my broken Spits, i'm just wondering, is there anyway to get around the maintenance hanger, in order to keep the Spits flying ?, that I guess would mean me forsaking its facilities and upgrades, but would keep the Spits from being grounded.

if i cant solve it, via SP2 etc, you did also mention Sim Connect areas, which may also be playing up, i'm guessing that future products released by A2A, may also have this similar add on, to to give it a "real life feel" which A2A aircraft seem to be reliant upon, thus, I wont be ale to use A2A products in the future, due to my systems problems.

cheers Des

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I am away from the sim but isn't there a "damage off" button in "shift F3" these days that allows most of the benefits of Accusim but stops maint issues?
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

original aviator
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis, are you asking me or telling me ? lol, if you remember, in A2A products, i'm unable to use any 2d screens or pop ups, so Alt F3 is next to useless, but one good thing has come of this problem, if I hadn't of bought this product, I would of been unaware that my system has any problem at all, due to all the other aircraft working fine including 2D screens.

Since I last contacted you, I'm sure you will be pleased to know, that I have found a way to bypass the maintenance hangar problem, ( find out how, like I did !!! ) so I can now, fly the fantastically, brilliant A2A Spitfires, which I had hoped to do from day one, yes, its true, I cannot use the hangar facilities, but that,'s better than nothing, throwing good money away, and removing A2A from my system.

If any of my aircraft start to go wrong in the future, I will indeed take up your suggestions, but as they have been working well, and without incident for a long time, I will put the needs of the many, outweighing the needs of the few, eg: 30 other aircraft sim products, against the A2A Spitfires.

I think its also fair to say, and without being rude, that not everyone is an I.T Wizard, and a little more explanation in your advice, wouldn't go amiss.

thanks for attempting to assist me in the problem, which is now 90% sorted. :D

Des.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Des,

to get it down to simple terms your FSX is SP1.5 but FSX SP2 is required for our products. Your FSX SP2 installation is corrupt which is why as soon as the SP2 component of the simconnect is called for your system cannot display it as its corrupt and or not present. All you would need to do is run SP2 again to try to force it to reinstall correctly.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”