B-17 and Prepar3D V2.2

A Living Legend
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B-17 and Prepar3D V2.2

Post by bladerunner900 »

Sorry to hear that didn't help. I don't know of any other way. As for whether there's a WoP3 version, not as far as I know. I've always installed with WoP2 then the Accusim packs on top. It's the way I've been installing, of and on over the years.

Regards.
Steve.

Muggi
Airman Basic

Post by Muggi »

Hi.

I can confirm it works fine, and I have all accu-sim planes running without any trouble in P3D v2.2.
So far I havent run into any bugs or issues at all, and I got a bit over 30 hours in my B-17 now -flying in all kinds of weather etc on my little world tour.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1576479/route.jpg (Route so far)

I used a FSX/P3D Migration tool to get it all installed without trouble.

A little proof somewhere in Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ups5bkc_k

My only problem is that accu-sim sounds isnt recorded (which is both wierd and impossible since I only got one jackstick, one sound source and one soundcard for my headphones), but I hear them fine outside the recording.. :D .. I believe it is a local problem on my setup and nothing to do with P3D/Accu and If anyone got a solution I'd be happy to hear it :-)

I hope you find a way to solve the cfg error you are having so you can have some fun with P3D! I will personally NOT be going back to FSX! :-)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Muggi.

I hope you're right about A2A products and P3D, because I'm hoping to make the switch sometime this year. Probably around Christmas time. :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

wjmcdermott can you please PM me I think I know the issue but need to send you a file.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wjmcdermott
Airman

Post by wjmcdermott »

bladerunner900 wrote:Hi Muggi.

I hope you're right about A2A products and P3D, because I'm hoping to make the switch sometime this year. Probably around Christmas time. :wink:
Hi Bladerunner, don't let this issue with one person and only ONE plane put you off! I have the rest of the A2A fleet and they all install and run perfectly under P3D. Remember though that you need a good DX11 capable video card for V2. I use the GTX760 with 4GB of memory that cost the equivalent of about 100 pounds.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi wjmcdermott,

I'm glad to hear that. I have heard that it's pretty straight forward when it comes to transplanting aircraft, as long as you use some common sense.

It sounds as if my system is a bit older than yours. I have an i7-3970X currently clocked at a nice stable 4.6GHz, 16GB of 2400MHz memory and a pair of 2GB GTX670's. Windows and FSX are currently installed on two separate SSD drives.

Using nVIDIA Inspector with some cfg tweaks gives me a solid 30 fps at the moment. I could clock faster but I like to keep some in hand, just in case. Besides, I understand that P3D does not depend on the CPU as much as FSX. Instead, it uses more GPU resources. Do you know if it uses SLI, or does it still use one card? If so, it may be worth me getting a new card, something like yours perhaps.

Thanks for your time.
Steve.
:)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Okay. After I sold the kids and sent the Mrs out to work (only kidding, honest :twisted: ), I bought P3D v2.2, installed the B17 and Accusim and so far it is working as expected. Now all I have to do is transfer all my other aircraft, scenery and enhancements. :roll:

wjmcdermott
Airman

Post by wjmcdermott »

bladerunner900 wrote:Okay. After I sold the kids and sent the Mrs out to work (only kidding, honest :twisted: ), I bought P3D v2.2, installed the B17 and Accusim and so far it is working as expected. Now all I have to do is transfer all my other aircraft, scenery and enhancements. :roll:
Did you get a good price for the kids? I got totally screwed, but still made enough to also buy the OrbX scenery and Rex4 textures for V2.2. My wife is still carrying on about it, the woman has absolutely no sense of priorities.

I am just downloading a fix that Lewis has kindly sent me and will elt you all know if it fixes my B-17 issue. A2A do the best customer support I have ever seen.

Wayne

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Nah! Evidently I should have sold them when they were younger, they are past their sell by date. The missus could do with an overhaul as well. :lol: (AIEEE! I think she heard me. :shock: )
I am just downloading a fix that Lewis has kindly sent me and will elt you all know if it fixes my B-17 issue. A2A do the best customer support I have ever seen.
Yes, you can rely on the guys here to do the best they can to help. It's more like an extended family than just another group of business people.

Seems there's no triple installers for FTX Wales and England yet so that's going to be problematic. At least the A2A aircraft seem to be going in correctly. I've just re-installed the C172 and Spitfire and both seem okay so far. :)

wjmcdermott
Airman

Post by wjmcdermott »

Lewis - A2A wrote:wjmcdermott can you please PM me I think I know the issue but need to send you a file.

thanks,
Lewis
Well shave my legs and call me Grandma, it works! I now have the complete A2A fleet in perfect operation in P3D V2.2. Thanks Lewis.

Was the B-17 issue something unique about my particular setup?

Wayne

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Wayne,

No it was I believe the fake fsx.exe that was the issue. I think that maybe you have file extensions turned off so the file was not an .exe but maybe something like fsx.exe.txt hence the error.

Anyway glad it works for you.

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wjmcdermott
Airman

Post by wjmcdermott »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Wayne,

No it was I believe the fake fsx.exe that was the issue. I think that maybe you have file extensions turned off so the file was not an .exe but maybe something like fsx.exe.txt hence the error.

Anyway glad it works for you.

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis
Hmmm, I was sure I had covered that by just renaming the P3D.exe .. but anyway, it works. Many thanks.

Wayne

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Just tried v2.2 with P-51, works great. Have to try B-17 next.

Not as smooth as my FSX (yet), but need to tweak the settings and see where it goes. Those cockpit/cloud shadows <3

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

I bought the B17 with accusim and am loving it in P3DV2 :)
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Yes, works perfectly! Love those VC shadows :shock:

Had an accident though, after resetting the flight I had landing gear up, had to do some unnecessary repairs :x

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”