Oil Dilution and saving the flight

A Living Legend
new reply
Stuart
Airman First Class

Oil Dilution and saving the flight

Post by Stuart »

Good day to all here!

I've started flying this amazing aircraft once again after quite a break from it. At the moment it is the only aircraft I am using and I'm enjoying every moment of it - what a joy it is to fly!

I am travelling all over the world and at the moment I'm in very hot countries so this isn't a worry, but when I get to the extremities of the earth I will need to use oil dilution. What I do when I start a flight is just enter free flight, choose my airport, time and the B17 and start, then press the cold and dark button on the number 3 panel and start from there.

Now, my question is when I use oil dilution at the end of a flight, do I need to save my flight and start again from that save the next time in order for the oil dilution to work? Or will it save it in the dat file and I can just start a normal flight as I do above? If I start from a save, I find that I can no longer access ATC so my preference is to begin a flight each time from scratch - is there a way around this?

Leading on from this, am I missing anything by always starting a fresh flight from the free flight menu rather than a save?

Last question - if I do start from a save, I notice that not everything is left as it was at the end of the previous flight - FSX does some strange things to the switches etc..., so is it alright to press the cold and dark button then, or will that remove the oil dilution that I had already put in there?

That's all I think! Any insight into any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Oil Dilution and saving the flight

Post by Scott - A2A »

Stu,

Not everything is saved with the flight (the b-17 saves these system states with a flight), but in looking into this just now, we noticed the oil dilution values are not saving properly. We're fixing this at the moment and this will be fixed by way of a patch shortly.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Stuart
Airman First Class

Post by Stuart »

Ah fantastic, thank you Scott - it will be nice to have a new update for the old girl!

So when this happens then, it will be necessary to save the flight and then continue from that save. I guess I'll just do that when I need to then but keep using my free flight method unless I need oil dilution.

As I hinted, I'm somewhere near the equator at the moment so oil dilution isn't an issue - but I do like to be prepared!

All the best
Stu.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Scott - A2A wrote:Stu,

Not everything is saved with the flight (the b-17 saves these system states with a flight), but in looking into this just now, we noticed the oil dilution values are not saving properly. We're fixing this at the moment and this will be fixed by way of a patch shortly.

Scott.
Scott, where do we stand on this for the B-17 and B377? Its getting into cold weather in the Northern Hemisphere and was wanting to know do I need to save the flight for the feature to work or is it now being saved in the dat file? Many thanks for any reply. Nathan
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”