update or fix for missing pitot tubes?

A Living Legend
new reply
cessna lover

update or fix for missing pitot tubes?

Post by cessna lover »

hi guys I was just wondering if there is going to be a fix or update for this thing so it has the pitot tubes on the nose where they should be? I don't understand how this thing is getting an airspeed reading with out them? :lol:

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: update or fix for missing pitot tubes?

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there cessna lover, this was brought to their attention some time ago and I think with all that is on their plate right now it is somewhere at the bottom of the list right now. I don't know how to model aircraft but I think that the fix may not be a simple as it seems. A fix my also affect all of the repaints that are out there right now too. Just guessing at that though.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok. I was just wondering. it is still a nice aircraft regardless of the little things that are missing :D

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

cessna lover wrote:oh ok. I was just wondering. it is still a nice aircraft regardless of the little things that are missing :D
Sure is, have about 250 hours on mine now. I have a hard time deciding what A2A aircraft to fly so I try do do some in each as I don't want any to sit and ruin the engines.

Keep smiling

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Tug002 wrote:
cessna lover wrote:oh ok. I was just wondering. it is still a nice aircraft regardless of the little things that are missing :D
Sure is, have about 250 hours on mine now. I have a hard time deciding what A2A aircraft to fly so I try do do some in each as I don't want any to sit and ruin the engines.

Keep smiling
haha....
I fly with the 91st bombardment group(http://www.91stbombardmentgroup.com/index.htm) and for this reason I have 2 .DAT files. One for use when I fly "Shoo Shoo Shoo Baby" in the 91st and another when I fly "Sally B" on VATSIM:-) "Banby" is about survival and Sally B is just to enjoy the lovely A2A B-17G.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I have seen that website before. what do they do? is it like virtual bombing runs or something? I used to fly with one called the 379th VBG on combat flight simulator. they are gone now though. and sorry to stray off topic

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Maybe they will get to the pitot tubes at the same time they fix the rudder trim tab. It turns the wrong way when you apply trim. :D
Just something else to annoy you when you fly. :lol: :lol:

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

WB_FlashOver wrote:Maybe they will get to the pitot tubes at the same time they fix the rudder trim tab. It turns the wrong way when you apply trim. :D
Just something else to annoy you when you fly. :lol: :lol:

Roger
I blame that on Gremlens :twisted:

Keep smiling

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

another thing I blame on gremlins is I have every thing set for cold and dark. but when I load a flight and this aircraft it's running and ready to go. :twisted:

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

You must be using FSX. I had the same problem and to fix it I set up the Beach 58 parked where I usually fly out of and use it as the default flight. This fixed the problem for me as it is parked with the engines stopped but I still have to use the cold start feature to have everything set up the way I like it for the beginning of my flight. I know that Lewis does not recommend the use of anything but the default flight but this solved some other issues that I had.

Keep smiling

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

yes sir I am using FSX. I have the Piper Cherokee set up. and every thing is off. but It does not have the tie down ropes or wheel chocks set when you come back. but all the circuit breakers and every thing is still off.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

you will want your default flight to be a default aircraft really and for the cherokee for example auto c&d turned on if you want it cold and dark each time you load up the cherokee.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok so I need to set up for example the default 172 or any aircraft in that case to C/D then every thing in the a2a stuff will be how I left it? do I understand that right?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

when you load up a flight some of the settings are taken directly from the default flight. So if you want to start cold and dark with all aircraft your default flight should be set that way, and should be a default aircraft such as the default c172 otherwise you can encounter issues.

Under the shift + 3 panel for the Cherokee an alternative is to turn 'Auto C&D' to ON that way when its started Accu-sim will cold and dark everything no matter what your default flight is set too.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D ok I will try that thank you sir. I hope the next time I fly my little Piper then she'll be chocked and tied down. and when I try the b-17 they won't have her scramble ready meaning engines already running :lol:

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”